Friday, 2 April 2010

Frosted Designs with glitz

I'm so looking forward to this long Easter weekend! Don't care if the weather is bad because it'll be lovely to have a couple of extra days away from work....and I may even get some extra crafting in too! Bliss!
Today I have my DT card for Frosted Designs, and this week is a colour challenge of
HOT PINK, LIME GREEN and BLACK.
Phew!!! The pink on this card is HOT, HOT, HOT!
I'm also going to enter it into:
Crafts and Me - their first challenge is Fairies or Wings (I have wings) (( Big Wave to Gina!!))
Sweet Pea Stampers - their first challenge is all that glistens is gold (Glistening gold glamour dust)
Incy Wincy - Stitching (this is faux stitching). For anyone interested...they are running a design team call at the moment.
Cooking it up with Katie - Something Old (the satin ribbon) Something New (the cuttlebug folder and the maidenhair leaf punch) and Something Sweet (Sweet Pea image)
Simon Says Stamp - It's so distressing (Distressed the raised areas on the cuttlebug embossing with Black Soot. Used distress inks to colour. Distressed the edges with distress ink)

I have a couple of new items on this card. The fab cuttlebug folder and the Leone Em Maidenhair leaf punch. I love them both.
The image is a Sweet Pea one and it is glittered up to the nines with glamour dust. Couldn't quite pick it all out in the photos though but it is there one the swirls, the bodice, the necklace and around the edge.
Items Used:
Image: Ching-Chou Kuik - Red Hearts
Hot pink, Lime Green and Black card stock from the Papermill
Victoria Cuttlebug folder
Distress Inks: Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Old Paper, Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick, Black Soot, Walnut Stain
Glamour Dust
Hobby Craft Roses and flower punch,
Leone Em Maidenhair leaf punch
Satin Ribbon

Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

18 comments:

Kim Piggott said...

Such a beautiful card Sharon!
hugs
kim x

Lizzy xx said...

WOW what a stunner! fab image & lush colour combo ~ ace layout too hun xx lizzy xx

Pascale said...

Hi Sharon I love your card the image looks wonderful in these colours. The gold would fit perfectly with our challenge over at Sweet Pea stampers too x Hugs Pascale

Anne said...

Oh Sharon, this is gorgeous!! I love that colour combination and it works perfectly with your card! Thank You so much for playing along with us at SPS! :o) xx

crafty amy said...

Wow sharon this is amazing! I LOVE that colour scheme it works so perfectly with this image. I hope you enjoy your extra days off :D
Thank you for joining us at crafts and me and sweet pea stampers and good luck.

Amy xx

Katie said...

Sharon,
It's gorgeous!
Love the coloring and the embossed back panel makes it pop!
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie :)

Stamping Susi said...

What beautiful colours! I love the way, you coloured her...

Debbie said...

A beautiful card Sharon, the colours are fabulous and I love the flowers.
Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Pea Stampers
Hugs
Debbie x

gina g said...

Hiya hun hope you doing ok, love the card Sharon this is one of my favourite stamps, you have coloured her beautifully and i love the leaf punch too. Thanks for joining our first challenge at Crafts and Me. luv gina xx

I have a sweet pea stamp up for grabs on my blog. xx

Nikki said...

Beautiful Card fab coloring on this Thanks for Playing Incy Wincy this Week
Hugs Nikki and the rest of the DT

Heather "Hev" said...

Amamzing work :)

Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy Challenge this week!!

Happy Easter :)

Id love it if you would come and visit Vanilla Hevn - my blog

Diamond Doll said...

Gorgeous card sharon, love the colour combo and your coloring is brill.
Thanx for joining us at Crafts and me for our very 1st challenge.
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Crafteezee said...

Love this image and the colour combo is fab. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me and Cooking It Up With Katie. Hugs Tracy x

Marcea said...

What a gorgeous card! I am thrilled you could join us on our first challenge at Crafts and Me. Hope to see you again next time.
-x-

Tam said...

Hi Sharon,
Great card. Love the detail.
Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Design.

Tami

Penny said...

I love that maidenhair punch! thanks for playing in the cooking it up with katie challenge this fortnight!
pen

Penny said...

I love that maidenhair punch! thanks for playing in the cooking it up with katie challenge this fortnight!
pen

Anne said...

Fabulous card Sharon and thank you so much for sharing it with us at Cooking It Up With Katie. Hugs x

Slideshow