Saturday, 3 April 2010

Sarah Kay in Polka Dots

I had so much fun making my card for today because it's a technique that I hardly ever use and I'd forgotten how much I like paper piecing. This little Sarah Kay looks so sweet in her polka dot outfit and the card turned out prettier that I had anticipated.

This is my One Stop Craft Challenge card where Suzi has picked the theme of Paper Piecing for us this week.

I'm also entering this into the following challenges:

Friday Sketchers - the wonderful sketch

Incy Wincy Challenge - Stitching (hand stitching this time)

Items Used:

Image: Sarah Kay
Papers: DCWV The Linen Closet
Big rose: Magnolia tulle rose
Small roses: Hobbycraft
Distress inks: Old Paper, Antique Linen, Tattered Rose, Scattered Straw, Weathered Wood, Faded Denim, Walnut stain
Everything else from my stash.

Thanks for looking,

Sharon xx

19 comments:

Andrea said...

Very great - so nice closes have the Sarah .... smile .. like it so much!
Many greetings and happy eastern
Andrea

Rainmac said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours x

Kathleen said...

Its gorgeous. I paper piecing this image a lot. Kathleen x

Cheryl said...

wow hun this is gorjus,super detail and the stiching is just perfection,thanks also hun for joining us at incy this week love hugs cheryl xxxx

Jenny said...

eine ganz bezaubernde Karte mit einem süßen Motiv.

Suzi said...

I love this Sharon, the colours are fab and the embellishments are really gorgeous. Hugs Suzi x

Adrina said...

Oh she's beautiful.
Also have those papers, love them!!
Adrina XX

Heather "Hev" said...

WOW WOW WOW!! Did I say WOW!!!

Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy Challenge this week!!

Happy Easter :)

Id love it if you would come and visit Vanilla Hevn - my blog

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards and creations,i love your images ann\d colours.
So gorgeous papers and details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Di said...

Hi Hun
Arrh this is just a beautie doesnt she look fab in Polka dots!! i love these images! but you've made it even better!
Beautiful card!
happy easter!
Hugs Di xxxx

Lizzy xx said...

Gorgeous card! fab image...luv the paper piecing & great layout xx lizzy xx

Nikki said...

Awe this is so Cute Thanks for Playing Incy Wincy this Week
Hugs Nikki and the rest of the DT

debby4000 said...

Oh wonderful sweet card Sharon, love the fab image and the pretty colours.
luv
Debby

Tam said...

Hi Sharon,
Awesome card.
Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs.
Tami

Michele said...

Oh such a gorgeous card Sharon. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Tracey Brossart said...

Such a gorgeous card! You did a wonderful job!

-Tracey :D

Tanja said...

WOW! What a super cute and beautiful card! I'm proud that my sketch inspired you to this wonderful card!

Thanks for joining the Friday Sketchers!

Hugs Tanja

~Christina~ said...

This has such fabulous textures to it...I love it :)

Tanja said...

Hi Sharon, it's me again ... I think you've missed that your card won over at Friday Sketchers ... take a look and tell me your details to claim your prize :)

Have a great day, Hugs Tanja

Slideshow