Saturday, 24 April 2010

Sunrise - or Sunset?

Get yourself ready for balmy summer days and sultry, hot evenings or a lovely spring sunset .... my card today really evokes one of those hot summer sunrises or sunsets for me. It really makes me long for a holiday! The image is just something that happened as I was playing around with my brayer and I'm pleased with the way it turned out.

This is my DT card for the One Stop Craft Challenge where the theme today is 'Metallic' as chosen by our talented Itzuvit. The metallic bits on my card are the eyelets, silver chain, fab butterfly charm and the black dragonfly brad.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Stamp Something - Charmed Somethings

Simon Says Challenge - Things with wings (the dragonfly and the butterfly)

Paperplay Challenges - No patterned papers

Twisted Thursday - Spring has sprung with a flower twist (spring flowers on the stamped silhouette)

This card was quite easy to make.


Step 1 - Making the image.

The background is brayered with the Big and Juicy pad 'Soothing Sunset', using just the yellow and orange portions of the ink, onto glossy card. I then stamped the grass/wildflower image (Kodomo Inc 'Autumn Flower' stamp set) 3 times at different heights using stayzon. I ripped a piece of paper and masked off the top of the image so that I could ink the bottom with black stayzon. Then I highlighted parts of the stamped grass/flowers using an inkessentials white pen. The final thing added to the image was a black dragonfly brad.

Step 2 - Making the backgound

I embossed a piece of orange card with the swiss dots cuttlebug folder and added black eyelets to the corners. The edges of the orange card were inked with the black stayzon. The chain with the butterfly charm attached (a fantastic charm I received as a RAK from my Secret Santa - thanks whoever you are because it is gorgeous) was threaded through one of the eyelets and secured on the back.

Step 3 - Assembling the card

The orange card is mounted onto yellow card, and that is all mounted onto a black card blank.

The image was then attached with 3d foam pads.


Please take a look at the fantastic ways the metallic theme has been interpreted by the rest of the talented DT - loads of inspiration for you to be found at the challenge blog.


Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

21 comments:

Rach said...

oh wow my jaw hit the floor, this is stunning... wow!!! x

Riet said...

Wowwww Sharon,what a BEAUTIFUL card.

Hugs Riet.xx

COCO said...

oh very nice card and fab colours !!
hugs coco

Niinu said...

This is lovely!
I like it:)
Simple but beautiful!

Debbie said...

Wow this is beautiful! Thanks for playing with us over at shirleys2girls Twisted Thursday Challenge.

Pauline C said...

Wow Sharon this is breathtaking - simple but totally stylish - your coloured effect for the sunrise/set is amazing! Sorry haven't visited for a while - hope all is ok with you
pauline x

Faye said...

Sharon, this is awesome! I love the way the brayered colors did on the glossy paper. And all the layers makes it so gorgeous.

Vicki's Blog said...

HI
Great blog Love your cards..
Vicki

Jeannie said...

Gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us for Twisted Thursday at Shirley's 2 Girls!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

CraftyGirl said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the single black dragonfly on that sunset!!
Barb :)

Deirdre said...

Simply stunning.

Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week. ♥

Julie M said...

Wow, that is stunning, Sharon. I love the image and background - and the touches of black are a perfect contrast to the warm oranges and yellows.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

Beautiful Greetings said...

Sharon, this is just amazingly beautiful. I am in awe!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Wow!! I love the highlights on the grasses! The way the butterfly on the chain comes out of the corner circle is neat too :)

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Jane said...

WOW! what a stunner! Love it! thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp, hugs, Jane xx

Dot Scrap said...

I just love everything about your card.
Thank you so much for joining us at Stamp Something this week.
Dorte aka dot-scrap

Georgia said...

Beautiful! Great technique!! Thanks for playing S2G TT.

Ann English said...

Wow-this awesome! Thank you for joining us at Shirleys2Girls for Twisted Thursday!

Lisa said...

I love the charm!! The colors are also great!!:) Thank you for playing with Shirleys2Girls!

tanjaak said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week.
hugs,Tanja

Cat said...

OMGosh! What a stunning card! Thanks for joining us at S2G this week!

Slideshow