Friday, 9 April 2010

Turn a boy into a girl

It's been quite a busy week on this blog so far and it's not over yet. Today I have my Frosted Designs DT card and a new image that is in fact a boy image...but I turned it into a girl, just to show the stamp is versatile.

So, at Frosted Designs, the challenge is 'DREAM'.
I had lots of ideas about making a dream card...but when the stamp 'Baby Blake' popped through my letterbox with this sentiment, the card was already made (in my head). What is more dream-y than a baby?

I'm entering this into the following challenges:

Sketch n Stash - the sketch and I used my new stamps and punch around the page punch
Stamptacular - Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice
MelJens challenge 2 - Let's see some girly colours
Rosie D's Challenge - Blessings (babies are a blessing)



I made the Baby Blake image girly by colouring it in pink and adding some gathered lace for a bonnet. This is a versatile stamp. I've coloured it up in several colours now (pink, blue, lemon, pastel green) so I can have a baby card at hand ready for when they are needed at short notice.

I also love the sentiment stamp. That just sums up what the birth of a baby is all about.

Please take a look at the dream-y creations that the other frosted design girls have put together; they are fantastic!


Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

15 comments:

Mervi said...

Oh what a sweetie, love it!
Thanks for sharing this with us
at Rosie D's Challenge,
good luck;-))m

Kim Piggott said...

Oh Sharon this is so super cute!
hugs
kim x

Gemma said...

Should be a nightmare for this boy to be turned into a girl, but you made a beautiful girl out of him, he can be proud! Love the way you used the lace for the little bonnet.Thanks for joining us at SSC, hope you will play along next week! Hugs Gemma

Paula said...

Adorable card, love the buttons, the tag and the feather? Nice touch! I'm so glad you were able to join us this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
Pleasantly,
Paula

Barb Hardeman said...

I just love how you did this card! The lace bonnet is fabulous, and who would ever have known that the image was meant to be a boy!!! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week. Barb

Tracy said...

Awww this is so cute and love the lace frill around the babies head. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Rosie-D’s challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Shannon said...

Love the bonnet very clever!! Great job, Thank you for joining us at Meljen's Design. Wishing you Lots of luck!!

Carolyn said...

Fantastic card Sharon. The baby is sooooooo cute. Thanks for joining in at SSC.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Becky said...

Aww, how gorgeous Sharon! I love the little added hat!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx

Lauretta See said...

great job ;) so cute and clever :)
Thank you for joining the MelJen's challenge, good luck!

Chrissie said...

A fabulous card Sharon and what a clever idea to add the little bonnet and turn it into a really versatile image.
Thanks for joining in with Sketch & Stash.

Jackie said...

Your card is just so cute, I love the baby. Thanks for joining us at Rosie Dee's this week :)

Cheryl said...

How sweet! Thank you for joining us for the Meljen's Designs challenge. I hope we see you again next week.

raindropecho said...

So adorable!! I love it! Thanks for joining the challenge at Meljen's this week :)
- Ann

Sprytebyrd said...

Such a cute card! I love lace and feathery fibers! Great job!
Sorry I'm late in making my commenting rounds! I hope you enjoyed our challenge and play again soon!
Thanks so much for joining us at Meljen's Designs!!
♥Dee (Spryte)♥

Slideshow