Thursday, 6 May 2010

DT Call for Colour Create

Good morning everyone.

Exciting news: we're having a DT call for the Colour Create Challenge. Do you fancy joining our fantastic design team? If you love to create projects (any kind of projects) that are based around a colour theme, just click here for the details. This DT call is open world wide and we'll be choosing the lucky people after 6 p.m. on 19th May.

It's a sad day too because our wonderfully talented Deanne has to step down from the design team because she feels that she can't commit time to it. Deanne has such an amazing style and she leaves a really big hole in our DT. We're so sorry to see her go. She's been an amazing colleague as has wow-ed us with her wonderful creations week after week. Thank you so much Deanne for blessing us with your talent. We wish you all the best for the future and hope that you won't be a stranger to us when things calm down.

We also have more exciting news. Our teamie Di has made it into rubber! Congratulations Di. (Hope she still talks to me when she's famous. lol) I'm so excited because the Pixie Cottage has commissioned some of Di's images for rubber stamp format and I'm really hoping that a couple of them are winging their way across the Atlantic to me at the moment. A copy of the first set of Di's stamps are on offer as the prize for this colour create challenge.

Okay, I'd better get to my card. Deanne picked the fab combination and optional extra this week. She chose the colours KHAKI, AQUA, CHOCOLATE and CREAM with the optional extra of CIRCLES. I was really looking forward to using these ...... but because my craft room was in such a mess, I couldn't find any aqua! grrrrr! I knew I had some somewhere. Anyway, I went with a light blue because that was the closest colour I could find.

I spent the whole of yesterday tidying my craft room and guess what? I found aqua galore!

Never mind. I'm really pleased with the way the image turned out. Thanks Artish for a fantastic image! Barnie is such a joy to colour up. This time I tried to get the light behind him and I think it worked.

This card is for my hubby from his grand children. They call him 'Pops' so it is nice to personalise it.

I'm entering it into the following challenges:

Corrosive Challenge - Celebrations (a birthday celebration for my hubby)

Sweet Stampin' Challenge - It's summer time

Craft Catz - Spots (you'll find them in the backing paper)

(EDITED) I forgot to mention that as well as offering a set of Di's stamps as a prize for the Colour Create Challenge, Michelle is also offering a 10% discount on her store for our blog readers. So, hop on over to the blog to take a look at the awesome creations from our fab design team and check out the code for the 10% discount too!

Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

15 comments:

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sharon,i love your image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Di said...

Hi Hun
Great card! love the bear! and the blue looks just fine!
Talk soon !
Big HUgs di xxxxx

scrappyjan said...

Hello Sharon, BOY OH BOY this card is CUTE!!! I LOVE that image!! Your blue is almost an aqua and by the way I think it is FAB!!!!
Wonderful job!!!
hoping all is well with you..
big hugs, Janiel

Lisa Jane said...

Fab little image and the colour combo is wonderful. Thanks for your kind comment on my card
Lisa ;)

Tanya Rudd said...

Barnie looks too cute. Fab job.
Hugs
Tanya

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Sharon, this is fantastic, love the bear and your colourings perfect, aqua is all colours really isn't it lol,thanks for your lovely comments, hugs Liz xx

Faye said...

Well this is just the most lovely card. What a scrummy image. Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous card at Sweet Stampin.

Faye said...

Sharon, it's gorgeous and looks aqua down at the bottom on my screen.

carol said...

sharon your card is gorgeous, and the image is just adorable, thankyou for sharing your creation with Craftycatz, x carol

6 wacky women said...

Fabulous card, Sharon
I just love the image, beautiful design and details.

Karen x

CraftyGirl said...

Adorable card!! I love the way you layered the paper.... very pretty!!
Barb :)

Michelle said...

Sharon you did a great job with those colors and love the coloring on Barnie!

Jamie Lane said...

WOW! This is a terrific card, nice job. I think whats got me hooked onthis card is the tealish blue. Also I just adore you cute and fluffly bear! :)

artish said...

LOVE how you colored Barnie! the shadow on the front with the light source behind~ tres clever!

Pam said...

How cute. you did such a fab job!
Hugs,
Pam

Slideshow