Wednesday, 5 May 2010

Make your own charm?

Well, I went out of my comfort zone on this card. But if you know me, you know that I relish leaving the comfort zone behind and just leaping in with something new or different. This one had me scratching my head though, but the light bulb clicked when I settled on the image I was going to use.

It's Pixie Cottage challenge time and as usual we have a sketch and a theme. The theme is to make your own charm. I've used both the sketch and the theme on my card.

When I looked at the Baby Blake image I thought it'd be fun to make a charm that looked like a teething ring. So, after scattering papers and beads all over the place, I found the silver ring and some beach themed beads. Actually the beads are from a well known kiddies toy shop - and they are for children to make their own necklaces. Hey Ho! They did the trick and my teething ring charm was born.

I'm entering this into the One Stitch at a Time challenge - Childrens theme

I also got these little black safety pins in a recent craft buy and thought they would make a great nappy pin for this image. And best of all.......this time I've kept Baby Blake as a boy!

I hope you'll find time to pop over to the challenge blog to see what my other talented teamies have come up with. Their projects are just wonderful.

Don't forget to pop back later today for the new Whimsy digi release.


Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

16 comments:

mar1ene said...

So cute Sharon, love it all :)
Well done on the charm.. it's awesome!
Marlene x

Kirsten Alicia said...

It's gorgeous Sharon & the charm is terrific. Good luck with the challenge.

Tammy said...

You did a wonderful job on this card. Love the papers and image is too cute! Great charm!
Thanks for joining us this week over at OSAAT.
smiles...Tammy

craftykitten said...

Hi Sharon,
fabulous card hun and I am loving that little teething ring charm you made - very clever.
Hugs
Dawn x

Tanya Rudd said...

Sweet, nice charm too.
Hugs
Tanya

Spyder said...

Great image, lovely card, really love all the detail you've added, Thank you for joining OSAAT's children challenge this week!
((Lyn)

Tammy T said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week. Hope to see you again!

Cheryl said...

hi hun knew this would be stunning as it always is such brilliant detail just love your charm hun,
thanks for joining us at OSAAT hun hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Tracey said...

baby blake is just adorable! i love how you added the green feather, the perfect touch ;)
tracey

Sarah said...

Beautiful creation, fab image, Thanks for joining us over at OSAAT, hope to see you again soon, Good Luck
Sarah xx

Dragons Lair Designs said...

Awwww adorable and love all your stitching Thank you for joining us here at OSAAT.

Hugs Janette
Stamping Dragon

Designs

stitchy said...

Awww Sharon, you made baby blake look so darn cute I want to pick him up..love those colored pins and that charm is beautiful..thank you so much for thinking of us over at OSAAT - see you again - good luck

stitchy xoxox

CraftyGirl said...

Glad that light bulb clicked on because this is adorable!! I love your charm and the way you used the safety pins!! Too cute!!
Barb :)

artish said...

the placement of the safety pin in blake's diaper....perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*thank you for the prayers for miss brenda! much appreciated!!!

sam said...

Great card hun and I love the charm too. Thanks for joining us here at OSAAT.
Sam x

Pam said...

This turned out so cute. I love the blue and green you choose.
Hugs,
Pam

Slideshow