Friday, 7 May 2010

Sandblasted!

I've finally got away from blue and headed into the pink zone. This is one of my favourite colour combos; Pink, Black and White. I always think cards look so pretty in those colours. This is my DT card for Frosted Designs where we have the superb challenge of 'Sanding' this week.

I'm also entering this card into:

Truly Scrumptious - A sketch and hidden message

For the sanding I took a piece of black co'ordinations paper, ran it through a cuttlebug embossing folder, sanded it and then punched out the black flowers. I like the effect this creates so I may do more of this type of thing.

I've used the new Whimsy Stamps digi image called Gracie's roses and teamed her up with one of the matching sentiments. She is such a beautiful image!

Items used: Whimsy Stamps, Gracie's Roses and Gracie's Roses sentiment
Papermania Time Capsule papers
Promarkers
Distress inks: Tattered Rose and Black Soot
Punches: Martha Stewart and Hobbycraft
White daisies were a RAK (found those when tidying my craft room!)
everything else is from my stash.

Please pop over to the Frosted Designs blog to see the amazing makes from the DT and maybe even pick up some tips on using sanding on your projects.

Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

9 comments:

Riet said...

So beautiful card Sharon,i love your image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Rica said...

Hi Sharon, sorry I haven't been around much - computer problems - could see cards when I visited blogs - hopefully sorted now, and I'm managing to visit, comment and fit in the odd challenge. Glad you managed to get away from blue - I'm fighting to get away from lilac/mauve at the moment. Gorgeous card, love the image - she's adorable and such fabulous details.
hugs Heather xx

Cheryl said...

oh sharon hun really love this what c beautiful iamge and your detail is brilliant love the colurs you used too hugs cheryl xxxx

Lizzy xx said...

WOW Sharon this is stunning, luv the sweet image & lush colours...luvly sentiment too & fab layout xx Lizzy xx :)

Di said...

WOW this is just sooo pretty Sharon love the pale pink papers! its beautiful!
Hugs di xxx

Deb said...

this is stunning Sharon, I so love Gracie and you coloured her perfectly, love that sweet sentiment with her too, have a fabulous weekend, hugs Debx

CraftyGirl said...

Your card is sooo sweet! I love the way you did the flowers... I am going to have to remember that trick!! And the sentiment on the tag is so wonderful!!
Barb :)

Mina said...

wow Sharon you have coloured the Whimsy image beautifully and what a fantastic mix of papers, the touch of black is perfect...thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge
Mina xxx

Pam said...

I have to get this image. I just love the old fashioned look of this little girl. you did such a beautiful job on this card.
Just gorgeous.
Hugs,
Pam

Slideshow