Wednesday, 9 June 2010

Barbecued Dad

Oh My! Has it really been nearly a week since I posted to this blog? I'm shocked to see that. I really must get some more projects finished so that I can post a few more items.


Anyway, it's time for the Pixie Cottage challenge and this week we have the wonderful Donalda joining us as guest designer. She's created a fab sketch for the challenge and the theme this week is 'Father's Day'.


I've used a new Pixie Cottage digital image to make this father's day card. Isn't it a fab image? I think he's called 'Grillman' but that may change when the image appears in the shop. I thought the fire in the barbecue was crying out to be glittered up. I've used promarkers to colour this image in.

The background is brayered using a Big and Juicy inkpad - soothing sunset.


I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

The Shabby Tea Room - Just For Dad

Cards For Men - Father's Day

Double Dutch - Dad's Treat

Simple Doodles - Just 4 You Dad

One Stitch At A Time - Boys To Men

Creative Craft Challenge - For The Man In Your Life

Pile It On - Quirky (I think he's quirky)


Please have a look at the wonderful cards that the talented DT have made this week.



Thanks for looking.

Sharon xx

19 comments:

CraftyGirl said...

Oh My word.. I totally need to get this image for my husband!! It cracks me up!! I love your card and the fabulous papers you used with it!!
Barb :)

artish said...

kuddos on the BRAYING...you've captured the flame.smoke.soot. barbeque perfectly ... WELL DONE!!:) love your card

Tanya Rudd said...

Love the paper you used, it matches the image perfectly.
Hugs
Tanya

Adrina said...

This is such a funny image. Lovely dad card.
Adrina XX

Debbie said...

Another super cute design with this adorable BBQ image! Thanks for sharing with us all this week in the Tea Room :)

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sharon.

Hugs Riet.xx

Cheryl said...

oh this is just brilliant hun really great image,bless you too for joining us at OSAAT love hugs cheryl xxx

Nana said...

What a funny card. Love the image.
Thank you for joining us at "PIO", hope to see you again next week!
hugs Nana

Nicole said...

Such a great Father's Day card! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

Susan's crafty chaos said...

This is just perfect, and I LOVE the way your backing papers have continued the fire and smoke colour feel :D
Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at OSAAT, and good luck!

issy said...

Hi Sharon, I do love the image, he looks so suprised his barbecue has caught fire.

Thanks for joining cards for men this week, and good luck in the challenge.

issy

Jolanda said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love that funny image. Thank you for participating in the Double Dutch Challenge!

Hugs,
Jolanda

Patricia St Martin said...

This is really cute. Thanks for playing with us at Cards for Men. Good luck on the challenge.

sandra tomlinson said...

hi, i just love that image its fab, thanks for playing along with us at creative craft challenges and good luck xxx

Tip Top said...

Great image!! Thank you for joining us at Simple Doodles - hope you come back again!

Audrey Pettit said...

Great take on that sketch, and what a fun image this is. Love your touches of glitter here. thanks for sharing this with us in the Tea Room.

Helen said...

Fab card Sharon - love the fun image!
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
Helen x

Illy said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!! it's so funny!
Thank you for playing with us at Pile it on!

Viv said...

Love what you did with the image Sharon! Great card! Thank you for joining in with the challenge at Cards For Men. Good luck! Viv xx

Slideshow