Wednesday, 23 June 2010

Inside Out

Time for another Pixie Cottage Challenge and hopefully the tutorial I did for them on Saturday may come in handy if some of you want to give it a try. We're joined today by Jay Jay and she's given us a great sketch and theme to work with. The theme she's picked in 'Inside Out'.

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:
Sir Stampalot - Punch It

Crazy 4 Challenges - Paper Flowers



I think I must be a little hooked on this 'Bunny With Roses' stamp that Di Carubia created for the Pixie Cottage. He's just so sweet!

To make my flowers fit in with the blue and yellow theme, I took plain white prima flowers, coloured them with a mustard Promarker first, and when that had dried, I just touched the edges with an indigo Promarker.


I've used the exploding insert on this card too but, to make it look a little different, I used my Martha Stewart punch around the page on the edges. This also matches the panels on the ront of the card. I punched the flowers and added them to smaller punched panels on the inside.


There's oodles on 'inside inspiration' on the challenge blog from my fellow teamies, so please pop over and take a look. I hope we inspire you to enter the challenge too.



Thanks for looking,

Sharon xx

15 comments:

Crystal said...

Sharon how sweet, what a GREAT card design and darling image!!! Super cute card!

Denise @ kc242 said...

Such a cute card! I just love the exploding inside and I will have to try it! Great tutorial too!
Denise
PCDT

Tanya Rudd said...

This is amazing. WOW!
Hugs
Tanya

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sharon.

Hugs Riet.xx

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s Challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

pinky said...

Wow Sharon this is so excellent, the bunny is ubber cute and the inside is brilliant! Thanks for sharing at SirStampalot.
Pinky

brenda said...

Hi Sharon

What a gorgeous card. The colour combo is super and those intricate folds show them off to perfection.

Thank you so much for joining us at Stampalot Challenge and good luck.

B x

Clare *Littlebear* said...

Hi Sharon,
The image on this card is gorgeous and I love the punching. The inside is fantastic with those brilliant folds.
Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x

Jane said...

Beautiful love the colours and the image, well done. Jane x

Annika said...

Oh, incredibly beautiful crd, love the colours and the little altered flower. The insert is something else - gotta go and check the tut out!
Hugs
Annika

Sandra said...

Oh Wow!! What a cool looking card!! Love that fold out inside the card!!

artish said...

another awesome example from your oh so educational tutorial. i love the yellow link of the roses and the pattern paper. great job!!

Francesca said...

A wonderful card , I love the image and colours . thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca

coldwaters2 said...

WOWWWWW Sharon this is one awesome card beautiful image and punching and the inside is superb love it thank you so much for sharing this with us at Sir Stampalot.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Nicola said...

Ooh your exploding insert is fabulous Sharon and this whole card is amazing. I love your work as everything you create is so refreshing.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Slideshow