Saturday, 26 June 2010

Rising Flame

Hope you're all enjoying the gorgeous summer weather. Well, so much for colouring images in the garden today.... I ended up doing some embroidery on a card instead. Yep, those Sweet Pea Stampers really got me going with a challenge that I was far too weak to resist. I thought I'd try to make this fit a few challenges so I'm entering it into:

Sweet Pea Stampers - Stitching faux or real
Crafts and Me - Birthdays
Oh La La Challenge - Flourishes and Pearls
One Stitch At A Time - 2 of anything (2 stamped spotty borders)
The Creative Cottage - Pearls and Swirls
Paperplay Challenge - It's Sunny Here

I'm really pleased with the way I coloured this image; the background kind of makes the mermaid 'pop'. All of the colouring has been done with Distress Ink. I had to get out my favourite Marianne Designs template for the stitching because I adore the swirls. There's masses of glitzy stickles on this card too.


I thought I'd mention that Sweet Pea Stampers have some blog candy running at the moment for their followers. You can read about it here.


Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

22 comments:

Riet said...

So beautiful card Sharon,i love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Rebekah said...

This is stunnning! I love those images and all your swirls are just gorgeous! Such beautiful colouring! Thanks for joining us at the creative cottage this wk Hugs rebekah xx

Cheryl said...

wow sharon hun this is stunning she looks like she is really at the sea super detail bless you for playing at OSAAT this week hugs cheryl xxxxx

Paula said...

Oh wow Sharon this is absolutly stunning omg im drooling lol lol. I just love how you have coloured in this beautiful image and all that sewing detail is amazing.

Hugs Paula xxxx

Maria Matter said...

oh Sharon, this is amazing!!! Absolutely Gorgeous with your needlework!

Stephanie said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week.

stitchy said...

Sharon, this is gorgeous, love these images and your coloring is superb - thank you for sharing with us at OSAAT - hope to see you again - good luck

stitchy xoxox

CraftyGirl said...

Gorgeous card!! I love the pearl accents!!
Barb :)

Caroljane said...

What a great card Sharon. I love how the stitching and pearls look like the waves on the sea. I love stitching as well so I will look out for those templates.
Thank you for joining us at Ooh La La.
Carol
xx

Judi said...

Oh, WOW! This is SO BEAUTIFUL Sharon. I absolutely LOVE it!

Judi xxx

crafty amy said...

Oh my gosh this is stunning!! I love the stitching and the dots down the sides really finish it off perfectly :D
Thank you for joining us at crafts and me and sweet pea stampers. Good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

Alicia said...

This card is stunning! You have added so much detail and I love your embroidery and pearls. Simply beautiful.
Alicia xx

Pascale said...

Hi there the embroidary on this is superb. I love the frame you have created too. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sweet Pea Stampers hugs Pascale

Jen said...

Stunning work Sharon, so many beautiful details!
I hope you can join us again at the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge.
Hugs
Jen x

cats whiskers said...

Sorry I have been AWOL for the last month, but hopefully back in full swing now. This is such a great card, I love that image and fab colours
Hugs Jacqui x

Nicola said...

Wow this is so beautiful Sharon, I adore how you have coloured this image and created such a fabulous background. Your stitched and cut detail are awesome and the pearls finish this wee beauty to perfection.
Thank you for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

cockney blonde said...

Beautiful Sharon. Love the colours you've used, x

gina g said...

Hi Sharon this is such a beautiful card, i love the everything about it. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me for our challenge this week. luv gina xx

alicaz said...

oh wow, wonderful! great coloring and the frame is amazing!

Suzie McFloozy said...

OMG this is stunning the image is coloured beautifully.
Perfect for our challenge this week x
Thanks for joining us at the creative cottage challenge blog x
((hugs)) Suzie xx

Mandy said...

Stunning card Sharon, love everything.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
hugs Mandy xx

Diamond Doll said...

Gorgeous card Sharon and fabulous stitching and i love the colour combo too.
Thanx for joining us at Crafts and Me.
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Slideshow