Saturday, 19 June 2010

Tutorial Time - Exploding Insert

I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend. My card today is actually a photo tutorial for the exploding insert element and you will find the tutorial at The Pixie Cottage blog by clicking HERE - or see the bottom of this post.



I'm entering this into the following challenges.

Secret Crafter - Weddings/Anniversaries

One Stitch At A Time - Celebrations

Twisted Thursdays - Going To The Chapel with a something old twist (and old corner die that I hardly ever use now)

Paperplay Challenge - Something Old (the corner die)

My Time to Craft - Extra Special

I used one of my favourite Pixie Cottage wedding stamps on this card - May I Have This Dance


I love to glitter this one up - this time with glamour dust. The ink I used was Tim Holtz Spun Sugar.


The papers I used are Bo-Bunny. The corners are Sizzix Architectural Accents (I'd forgotten that I had these!). I've used Nestabilities Circles and Scallop Circles (large).




I hope you like this and please let me know if you try the tutorial for the insert out because I'd love to pop over to your blogs to see what you made.



Thanks for looking,

Sharon xx


Full tutorial.
Exploding Insert Card Tutorial.
By Sharon Traynor.




Materials:
A 6 inch (or 15 cm) Square Card Blank.
Double Sided paper measuring 11 ½ inches square (or 29 cm x 29cm).
Bone paper folder.
Items to decorate with.




Step 1. Fold opposite corners together, open the paper and fold the other opposite corners together.



The result looks like this.



Step 2. Turn the paper over and then fold it in half


The result looks like this



Step 3. Make sure the right side of the paper is facing upwards (the side you want to show when you open the card). Take one corner and hold it on the middle crease but do not crease anything


Fold the top part back on itself (the crease was already made in step 1)


Next, bring the bottom corner up as shown by the arrow in the picture below




Crease the small vertical part. (Top Right in the picture)



Step 4. Repeat the whole of step 3 on all the other corners and your paper ends up looking like this when opened.


Step 5. Fold the corners and the centre crease inwards



And flatten



The paper now looks like this


Step 6. Stick the inner into a card blank



Step 7. Now you can decorate the front and inside. And here is the finished card:








14 comments:

TracieB xx said...

Sharon, This is a lovely card and very cleverly made, well done.

Thank you for joining us at SCS Challenge.

Tracie xx

Pumpy said...

Wow, thank you, I will give it a try. Lovies.

Jane Wetzel said...

WOW WOW WOW! Absolutely GREAT! Glad u joined us at S2G!

Stephanie said...

Great card! Thanks for including the link for this card. I must try one. Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time.

{Jane} said...

Stunning card Sharon

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is just incredible love the design of this and perfect image and coulrs too,hugs cheryl x
opps,thanks also for playing at OSAAT this week,hugs cheryl xxxxxxxx

CraftyGirl said...

This is spectacular!! Love all the details you added!!
Barb :)

Mina said...

oh wow Sharon this is amazing...beautifully made and the image is fab...now Im off to check out the tutorial
Mina xxx

Anne said...

A beautiful card Sharon and I will sure use the great tutorial sometime =)

Hugs, Anne

Shirleys2Girls said...

Love your fab project! one talented lady! Have you tried out for our DT yet at Shirleys2Girl.com
??? please do....DEIDRE

Faye said...

Wow, this is fantastic. I'll let you know if I try it.

Julie M said...

Wow, that is so cool, Sharon - thanks for the link to the instructions.

And thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

Deirdre said...

Wow, amazing tutorial, great card. Wow.

Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week. ♥

Dotty Jo said...

Stunning! Jo x

Slideshow