Thursday, 17 June 2010

Wags n Whiskers Tiny Dancer

Sunglasses at the ready everyone! Honestly, give me a picture for inspiration and what do I do? Pick the loudest and brightest colours in it, that's what! I just can't help myself. Today is Colour Create Challenge day and the challenge theme picked by our fab Karen is a picture of Johnny Depp as the mad hatter. Well, I tell you...it took me nearly 2 weeks to start my card because I got stuck drooling over the picture all the time :)
I'm going to enter this into the following challenges:
One Stitch At A Time - Celebrations (this can be used to celebrate passing a ballet exam)
PollyCraft - Let's have a sing song - couldn't resist a second entry of 'Tiny Dancer' (the image name), Que Sera Sera (the paper name) or 'Dream' (from the sentiment)

Our new designers have joined us for this challenge and they have made some beautiful projects. I feel so blessed to be working with all the fab people on the Colour Create Design team - they are all such an inspiration.

Items used:
Wag n whiskers 'Tiny Dancer' stamp
K&Co Que Sera Sera Firecracker paper
Green flowers from the Cuttlebug Curls and Swirls die set
Orange embossed flower - Prima 'Obsessions'
Distress inks: Peeled Paint, Dried Marigold and Spiced Marmalade
Smooch Ink: Pumpkin and Luscious Lime
Everything else from my stash.

Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

19 comments:

Liz's creative corner said...

Gorgeous card hun, love the image and details, have a nice day, hugs Liz xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sharon,i love your image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Crystal said...

SOOOO Beautiful Sharon, I just LOVE this image!

CraftyGirl said...

wow... this is adorable!! My daughter would love this one!! And I love the colors!!!
Barb :)

Tammy said...

What lovely flowers you added...She is a sweet image.
Thanks for playing OSAAT this week.
smiles...Tammy

Spyder said...

Lovely card, not seen this cute image before, lovely colours too! Thank you for joining OSAAT's new/Celebration Challenge this week, hope to see you next week too
((Lyn))

Di said...

Fab Hunny!! i just love your colouring and this image is sooo sweet!
Hugs Di xxx

Faye said...

Sharon, this is gorgeous! Love the design and the beautiful colors.

Francesca said...

A great card with a wonderful Image
Hugs
Francesca

Julie said...

Sharon - your card is outstanding!!! You are so a girl after my own heart - I just love colour and try as I might to do a nice simple and clean card (which I love when others create them), I can't!! So fab to be on the CC team with you!! Juliexx

Katie said...

Sharon,
I absolutely love this!!
Gorgeous image and the whole thing just made me smile.

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Sharon
Love how you did the background, beautiful details too.

Karen x

Cheryl said...

oh love this sharon the image and details are just super,many thanks for joining us at OSAAT love cheryl xxxxx

nessy said...

so gorgeous ~ such a sweet image and love all the detail
vanessa xx

joey said...

Hiya Sharon Hun

Hope you are well, gorgeous card and fabulous colour work! thanks for joining us at pollycraft

Joey.x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my Sharon this is stunning what a gorgeous image and I just adore the papers and flowers I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Stephanie said...

Great card! I love the use of the bows as a border on the side of the card. Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time.

little angel said...

lovely card!

Lacey Stephens said...

This is such a fabulous card!! I LOVE what you did with our sweet Tiny Dancer!! Your coloring is just so gorgeous!!
~Lacey
Wags 'n Whiskers Co-Owner

Slideshow