Wednesday, 7 July 2010

An Acetate Aperture Card

I really hope the scheduling for this card post works because it'll probably be around midnight when I get home from work tonight. That's two weeks in a row I've had to work late because we're putting new computer systems live at work. Never mind. Today, the Pixie Cottage challenge is a sketch and/or an aperture card. I really wanted to use both on my card and I thought the best way to do that was to make it an acetate front with the aperture in it. Not easy to photograph but I think these photos show it pretty well. I stickled the acetate around the edges and around the aperture so that it could be seen better.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

A Pocket Full of Posies - One For The Girls

Prairie Fairy - Anything Goes

Crafty Cardmarkers - Inky Fingers

Oh La La - Simply Summer


Items used on the image:
Brayered background - Big n Juicy pad -Waterfall
Distress inks: Spun Sugar, Antique Linen, Tattered Rose, Weathered Wood
Crystal Stickles
3d gloss
3mm blue gems


The girls at the Pixie Cottage have made some fantastic creations again today. It's well worth the visit to the challenge blog. Hope you get time to join us.


Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

16 comments:

Pat said...

Wow really gorgeous! lots of inspiration for me :)
Hugs xx
Pat

Annika said...

Total WOWWOWWOW. It looks amazing!!!
Hugs
Annika

Lindsey said...

Oh WOW! Sharon, this is absolutely STUNNING! What a great card
xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sharon,i love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Tanya Rudd said...

How inventive, love the cat's tails on the bottom, and the glitter around the edges. Well done!
Hugs
Tanya

Crystal said...

Sharon oh my what a beautiful card design..I LOVE those flowers on the acetate..brillant...Your color combo and layout is AWESOME!!! Gorgeous work my friend!!!

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

Stunning card! I loved the bacround for Hannah and the coulr combo is just FAB! Thank you for joining us over at PFOP and Good Luck! X

Carla aka scrappypug said...

This is just gorgeous...love the Hannah image and your layout too. Thanks for joining us at Fairy Fun Fridays!

Rufus said...

Very creative! And you actually managed to photograph it, so that you can see it! Nifty card.
R/

Pumpy said...

Beautiful Card. xxx

Lin said...

Ohhhhh pretty, might find myself stealing her, borrowing, this idea later. Love how you have given the acetate an added dimension too with the stickles.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this fortnight.

Lin x

Barb Hardeman said...

Your card is really stunning! I have never ventured into an acetate card, but you've really made me want to give it a try! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge this week.
Hugs,
Barb

mommy2lou said...

very pretty. I love acetate cards. Thank you for sharing your unique creation with us over at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge.

Carolyn said...

Amazing. Love how you stamped the reeds onto the outside of the card. I had to look closer at your card to see how it was done. Fabulous. Thanks for sharing it with us at SSC.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Denise @ kc242 said...

What a wonderful card! Love the way that you did the layering of the window. Great image with beautiful coloring!
Denise
Pixie Cottage DT

Phred said...

So fab. Your card is just perfect. What a fab idea with the acetate Glad you joined us at crafty cardmakers

lv toria

Slideshow