Tuesday, 20 July 2010

Art Deco Anniversary

My card today is all pink and black and white - well, it started out that way at least. I bought some fab Lilac Lemon designs Art Deco stamps from Crafts and Me recently, and when I saw they had a pink and black and white challenge, I had to enter it. The close-up on the image shows the glorious crystal stickles (still in love with those) and it also show the paper pricking that I did using a new Papermania stencil (that took ages to do!).

So, that's how the card started. Then I thought it needed more black, so I punched a border with my Martha Stewart punch and made a frame for the card. Next came the flowers woven into punched edges.

Then I thought...add some leaves - so I picked up a pack of Prima leaves and dotted them about.
Hmmm...not sure if I overdid it there. What do you think?


I'm entering this into the following challenges:
Crafts and Me - Pink Black and white
Frosted Designs (Yoo Hoo girls!) - border punches
Pals Paper Arts - Wedding themed
Stampin' Royalty - Stencil fun (the pricking stencil - that took ages!)
Crafty Cardmakers - Easel Cards


Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

11 comments:

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Sharon,What a beautiful cards,i love the images and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

gina g said...

Hi Sharon This is such a gorgeous card and i just love this image its beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me for our challenge and good luck. luv gina xx

Sandra Farrell said...

Wow - what a detailed card. All that stenciling looks amazing. Thanks for sharing with us at Stampin' Royalty this week.

Rufus said...

Oh my, oh my, ohhhh I LOVE THIS. Love the image and how you've colored and glittered it. My personal fav is the first incarnation, but it's gorgeous all the way through!
R/

Beckie said...

I'm speechless. Such a beautiful card. You've done my stamps proud. Beckie (owner Lilac Lemon Designs)

Jack said...

Beautiful card, black, white and pink is such a classic combination. And I love the image - I've just got myself some of these lovely stamps too! Thanks for joining our first Spotlight at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

Gail said...

beautiful..but i have to say also..the first make is my most fave..it doesn't take anything away from the beautiful job you did on the image..lovely tfs..loves ya

Joni Parker said...

Yowzer...I was looking for the border punch in the first photo, then scrolled down and wow..what a difference that black makes..this is totally gorgeous@!!!!! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!!

Lin said...

Sharon this is gorgeous. I too prefer the first version as I think the image is much more the focal point in that one.

Thank you for joining us in our first ever Spotlight over at Crafty Cardmakers.

Lin x

Cath Wilson said...

That is so elegant and so pretty. It would make a perfect wedding card! Love those colours.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.

judie said...

such a stunning creation hun, love the card so much, your flowers are just lush, thanks so much for playin with us at crafty cardmakers xx

Slideshow