Wednesday, 21 July 2010

Hannah with Parchment embellishments

I was playing with parchment over the weekend and I thought I would try to make some embellishments with it. I like the way these turned out because they look so delicate and pretty. I've made flowers, leaves and a 'ribbon'.
This card is my DT card for The Pixie cottage. I've used the fantastic sketch and the optional extra this week is 'Double Up' which means you can use two stamps. I've used the brand new Hannah stamp - isn't she fab!
I'm entering this into the following challenges:
Allsorts Challenge - Summer Days
Crafty Ann's - Summer Holiday
KL Stamping - Ribbons (Do my home made parchment ribbons count?)
Pollycraft - Birthday
Stamptacular - Ice Cream (My favourite is raspberry ripple with chocolate sauce (the tree trunk) and a sprig of mint!)

I actually used 6 stamps on my card - so I doubled up three times over! There is the fantastic new Sandra Hammer image of Hannah on a swing (available to purchase here soon), a sentiment, and 2 flower & 2 leaf stamps on the parchment.
I made the ribbon with a bit of pergamano pricking along the edges of some parchment strips. and snipping a wiggly edge, embossed some dots and finished them off with some 3mm pearls.
Hope you like it, and don't forget to head over to the Pixie Cottage challenge for more inspiration an a guest appearance by JayJay. Remember the blog candy (the stamp I've used today) when you're on the challenge site - there's a link on the sidebar.

Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

21 comments:

WhiteRacoon said...

Wonderful parchment work! Love the "ribbons" and "laces", they look ery sophisticated and light =)
Good job!

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Sharon,what a wonderful card,i love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

debby4000 said...

Oh beautiful work Sharon, gorgeous details.
luv
Debby

Lindsey said...

Ouch! That hurt when my I saw this and my jaw hit the floor! WOW! WOW! WOW! I can't think of any words to do it justice so "stunning" will have to do! I am in awe!
Linds xx

Ann Whitfield said...

This is so pretty and delicate Sharon. I love the parchment work used as embellishments. Thank you for joining us for Kym's challenge at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Crystal said...

Sharon Oh my word your card is totally amazing...She is beautiful and love all your deets!!

angel said...

Very beautiful, grtjes Angel

brenda said...

Hi Sharon

Your card is lovely and the partchment work is siperb. I am sure it took ages but really worthwhile.

Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week.

Unfortunately your card is not eligible for Stampalot as our rules (on sidebar) allow a max six challenges.

B x

Tanya Rudd said...

What a stunning card, I just love the use of parchment, and the soft purple. You really colored the image so very well.
Just Perfect!
Hugs
Tanya

Cheryl said...

oh sharon hun this really is one amazing card,your attention to detail is always just perfect,love hugs cheryl xxxx

Claire said...

Wow Sharon, love your parchment work! Beautiful embellishments for you card - its gorgeous
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Anns
Claire xx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Sharon, what a gorgeous card and what a lot of time must have gone into its making. Summer Holiday seems to be the favourite choice of song. Thank you for taking part in the challenge topic I picked this fortnight. Hope to see you back again at Crafty Ann's Challenge very, very soon. Best wishes, Kym xxx

Adrina said...

Very, very nice Sharon. I love the parchment embellies.
It all fits very well together.
Adrina XX

Janet said...

A lovely image and stunning parchment embellishments, so delicate. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's Challenge and hope you will return soon.

Janet xx

iReneM said...

Oh my!! This is a gorgeous card, Sharon.
I do soooo love your parchment work.
Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's

x

Milliesmarvels said...

Those parchment embellishments are stunning!
Thanks for joining us for the Pollycraft challenge.
Jane
x

scotspanda said...

what a lovely image, so sweet. I love your parchment additions, I am a fan of parchment :o)

thanks for joining in with the Allsorts fun this week

lotsalove

Amanda xx

Lynn said...

OoooH I just love what you have done using the parchment technique, it's so elegant..Thankyou for sharing for your beautiful work :) Lynn

Paula said...

Love the delicate look to this card with the flowers...so pretty! So glad you could join us for our color challenge of your favorite ice cream sundae at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
Pleasantly,
Paula

Pam said...

My mouth really hung open when I saw this card for the first time. You did a fabulous job with all of the vellum. What an original creation. JUst stunning my friend!
Hugs,
Pam

Sandra said...

WOW Sharon!! I love all the details on your card. Love the tree, how you shaded it, very, very nice.

Slideshow