Saturday, 24 July 2010

Time For Tea

I'm back to making my own backgrounds again. This time with just 2 ink pads: Dusty Concord and Tumbled Glass (what a pretty colour that is!). Yep, I'm also back with one of my favourite colour combinations too. You can see the background in all its glory further down the post.

This card is for the One Stop Craft Challenge where Lisa has given us a fantastic sketch this week with an extra of using something metal. Thanks so much Lisa; I really enjoyed using this one. I've used metal on the fab ornate brads (they are gorgeous).

I'm also entering this into the following challenges:

The Stamp Man - Anything Goes
Papertake - Cutie Patootie
Mami Doodles - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations - Happy or Sweet
One Stitch At A Time - Digi Madness
Stampin' B's - Use a background stamp (I used 3) One Stop is sponsored by Tiffany Doodles this week and I've used their fantastic teapot on this card. She is sooooo cute! This digi also comes with a tea cup and 2 sentiments - great value for money!

Okay on to the background. I used white linen card as the base. Then I randomly added tumbled glass and dusky concorde ink using a blending pad. Next I liberally splashed on water to get the big water dot effect (love that!). The I used 2 of the stamps from the My Minds Eye Wild Asparagus range (swirly one and the text script) and inked them in Tumbled Glass. The final background stamp I used was from the same set - the crackle effect inked in dusky concord. And this was the result.

Seems a shame to cover it up really, doesn't it?



Items Used:
Tiffany Doodle Digi - Teapot and Teacup
My Minds Eye - Wild Asparagus Clear Stamps
Distress Inks: Tumbled Glass and Dusky Concorde
Promarkers
Crystal Stickles
Stars cut from the Sizzix Swirls and Curls Alphabet set
Magnolia Rose
3mm pearls
Making Memories Lacy Brads in Antique Silver
Please have a look at the gorgeous designs by the rest of the One Stop talented design team.



Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

19 comments:

Riet said...

Wowwww Sharon,So beautiful,i love the image.
So gorgeous papers and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Liz, said...

Hiya, this is fabulous and I love that background.

Liz x

Cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is just amazing loveing the background on this hugs cheryl xxxxx

Dena said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!! Gosh I just want to come to your house for a lesson! Seriously!!! What an amazing job Sharon! I love it. Very cute card!
Hugs, Dena

Mags said...

Beautiful! I love the colours, and the background is really impressive!

Crystal said...

WOW Sharon this is GORGEOUS the background looks AMAZING!

Jo Davies said...

WOW such wonderful work, Loving your colours and the teapot images is fab!!!! Thanks for joining OSAAT! Hugs JO xxxx

Stephanie said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time.

shellshearer said...

I don't think I'd have the heart to use it I think it would end up in a frame lol...it is a shame to cover it hun but your card is gorgeous...that teapot is so cute & coloured to perfection
Thanks for joining us this week at OSAAT good luck
hugs shell xx

Hanna said...

What a sweet image and beautiful papers!

Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week for our digi madness challenge.

Hugs /Hanna

Josephine said...

Oh, that's lovely, and I think the paper you've used is singularly gorgeous!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week.

Love crafts forever said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for playing at OSAAT. Hugs, Nataliya.

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Mami Doodles challenge! :)

Pam said...

I love this little teapot! It reminds me of the little teapot rhyme. Tooo cute.
Hugs,
Pam

craftyb said...

such a sweet image! Great job making your own bg paper....i love it! Love all the design elements and the colour mix! I also love those "blackberry" type pins...first time I've seen them! Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

Brenda Brown said...

Sorry I'm late Sharon - weekend has flown past. Love your card with great colours and digi. That backing paper you have made is fabulous.
Thankyou for joinng in with OSAAT's digi madness challenge.
Luv Brenda xxx

Sandra said...

This is so cool how you designed your own background paper. Love it!!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my Sharon this is stunning those colours and papers are so beautiful and I adore that image I love this so much.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Vixykins said...

LUSH BACKGROUND!!! Oooh pwitty pwitty! They're 2 colours I dont have but will just *have* to go on my list now...sigh lol!

Beautifully made Sharon, fab!

Thank You for playing The Stampman challenge, good luck x

Slideshow