Thursday, 12 August 2010

Home, Sweet Home

It's going to be a much shorter post today. There are no instructions or template to share today - just a card. This card has been made for my youngest daughter who has recently moved into a new flat. It's her birthday today - HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIOBHAN! I wish I'd remembered to photograph her birthday card. doh! It was a mad creation! I used a stamp of her favourite film star, Audrey Hepburn, and gave it an Andy Warhol treatment. Hope she liked it.




Today's card is my DT creation for the Colour Create Challenge where our fab Julie has given us the most gorgeous combination of colours to use

IVORY, DUCK EGG BLUE and ONE OTHER COLOUR FROM THE INSPIRATION PICTURE (hop over to the blog to see the picture).

The optional extra she chose was SHABBY CHIC. Well this is definitely shabby, and it's more distressed than chic, but I like it.

I'm entering this into the following challenges:

Penny's Challenges - Anything Goes
Sentimental Sundays - Anything Goes
Craft Your Days Away - Favourite Things (Glimmer Mist)
Wild Orchid Challenge - One For The Girls

The winner of the Colour Create Challenge this week will receive 2 of the brand new Pixie Cottage Stamps. Please visit the challenge blog for some awesome inspiration from the incredibly talented design team.


Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

20 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi Sharon,

I love the beautiful paper you've chosen and gorgeous flowers and lace too! Wonderful card :)

Sharon x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sharon.

Hugs Riet.xx

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Sharon, love your card hun, just the right mixture, have a lovely day, hugs Liz xx

Di said...

Fabulous Sharon! love the music paper and lace!
Hugs Di xxx

Courtney said...

This is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's. Good Luck!

~Courtney~
PPCC DT

Cassie_lu said...

beautiful card and I really like the image

Crystal said...

Sharon oh my word I LOVE the vintage feel of this creation it is OUTSTANDIND and oh sooooo gorgeous!

Cheryl said...

Sharon, This is beautiful!

Thank you for joining us for the Sentimental Sundays “Anything Goes” challenge. Good luck!

Cheryl
http://shestamps.blogspot.com/

Stampin Mindy said...

Oh that lace is beautiful! It looks wonderful as a border, beautiful card!

Thanks for joining us at Wild Orchid Craft Challenge.

Hugs, Mindy

PS. I have some blog candy over on my blog, feel free to hop on over and enter!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so elegant Sharon. I love your colors, layout and details. It has a real vintage flair.

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Sharon
Love the vintage look, such beautiful details.

Karen x

Zehavit Shaked said...

This is stunning!!!

Zehavit

Julye said...

I bet your daughter will love it, and it makes a change to a picture of a house for a moving card. Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

Julie said...

Superb and so elegant!! Adore your papers and layout and those flowers are gorgeous! Juliexx

Liz said...

Lovely card love the colours too thanks for playing at CYDA

Liz x

Rainmac said...

What beautiful colours you've used on your card Sharon, I love the vintage feel of it. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Days Away for our first challenge x

Nina S. B. Macaulay said...

Oh this is such an elegant card I love it! You are a tallented lady!
Just wanted to let you know that :O)

Regards Nina

Kathleen said...

lovely card.
really must get my set of chatsworth stamps and papers out more!!!

Kathleen Mc xx

Crafting Joanne said...

Gorgeous card Sharon, very pretty and love all the pearls.

Thanks for joining us for our 1st Challenge over at CYDA.

Hugs

Joanne x

Pam said...

You have been a busy girl since I have been to visit you last. I don't know where to leave the love first. All of your creations are amazing! This card is just beautiful!
Hugs,
Pam

Slideshow