Wednesday, 11 August 2010

Pyramid Card With Instructions / Template

I've seen these little pyramid boxes around so I decided to make my own template for one and also turn it into a card. I'm sharing these instructions/template with you all today (well, we all love freebies, don't we?).



This is my DT card for the Pixie Cottage challenge. I've used the sketch in the centre of this creation and the other optional part of the challenge is to use fancy folds. Hmm...maybe I stretched that a bit because this is more fancy cutting than folding.

I'm entering this into the following challenges:

A Pocket Full Of Posies - All That Glitters (Lots of glitter on the image)
Charisma Cardz - Teddy Bears
Crafty Cardmakers - Birthdays
Ohh La LA Creations - Spots and Dots
Rosie D's Challenge - More than one fold (I took the challenge ladies and I actually have 8)
Stamp Something - Inspiration photo (I went with the birthday theme and the pink colours plus the triangles echo the hat shape)
Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Pretty In Pink



I think this actually works as a card. I propped it up by folding the top triangle backwards - kind of like a reverse easel card. But if you don't like the card look, the instructions and template work for a pyramid box as well.


I've used the Baby Maisy image in my creation today.



Here are the instructions.



Take a 12" piece of cardstock and draw (very lightly in pencil) lines at 4" and 8" across the top and down the side. This gives you 9 4"square boxes.





In each of the outside middle boxes draw (very lightly again) lines from the central square corners to the 6" mark on the outside edges. That creates the triangles.



Next, on 2 of the triangles draw some little flaps like this:



Now score the lines shown in red



And finally cut the shape out around the blue lines. Rub out any pencil lines with an eraser.




Simple!

To close the box/card, add eyelets at the top of all the triangles and feed ribbon or fibres through them. It is best to close the 2 sides with the flaps first and then close the other 2 sides.


Hope you find this useful. Don't forget to pop over to the Pixie Cottage Challenge to see all the fantastic fancy folding that my fellow teamies have done.


Thanks for looking,

Sharon xx

17 comments:

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

Oh my, this is so pretty! Thanks for the templet and the instructions as well! Thank you for joining us over at PFOP and good luck! x

Wendi said...

Oh wow I have not seen one of these before it's beautiful
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Sharon,This is so beautiful.

Hugs Riet.xx

Crystal said...

Sharon WOW is this ever AWESOME!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this design and the pinks and that image is ADORABLE!!!!!! Thanks for sharing the instructions and template :)

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous Sharon. Thanks for sharing the template xx

Tanya Rudd said...

How creative! Just love the soft pink.
hugs
Tanya

Anne said...

Thanks so much for joining in with us at OLL this time with such a FABulous creation - and thanks for the template & instructions. I'm going to give this one a go. Hugs x

cockney blonde said...

What a brilliant idea for a different card. Can't wait to give it a try. Thanks for the instructions.
Love how you've interpreted it, x

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Just adorable! I love the image choice and the work you put into it is just stunning! Thanks for playing at Stamp Something this week!

Janna :)

Mervi said...

Super folds! Lovely tutoring and great present!
Thank you for playing with us
at Rosie D's, good luck,-))Mervi

Carrie said...

fabby card hunni..thanks for the template...Thanks for playing at sweet stamping xx

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Rosie-D’s challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Julie Riley said...

Wow what a fantastic card, absolutely love it, well done. Thank you for joining us at crafty cardmakers xx

mariaadams said...

Super card, and thank for the template. Thank you for joining the challenge at PFOP.
Maria x

Wishcraft said...

Such a pretty little box! Great idea and a fab design. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers :o) Lisa x

Jackie said...

Congratulations Sharon, you are the winner on Rosie D's. Tahnks for playing along with my challenges and for showing us your beautiful card.

Please email me with your address then I can get your prize in the post.

Jackie

kendell said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful card and the instructions. It is gratefully appreciated. Kindest regards kendell

Slideshow