Wednesday, 15 September 2010

Mellow Fruitfulness

'Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness'

- now that takes me back! I studied the English Romantic poets for my English Literature exams when I was 16 years old, and John Keats' Ode To Autumn was one of the selected texts. I still know that poem off by heart, even after all these years. Why am I rambling on about this? Well, the theme today at the Pixie Cottage Challenge is

Mellow Fruitfulness

....and you can't put those 2 words together without me thinking of the poem.

However, I think I got a bit carried away with the 'season of mists' on my card and I do admit that the card didn't quite materialise the way I'd pictured it in my head! It's certainly a bit different. I tried to depict a mistiness with the image and the autumn colours of misty greys & pink with the mellow orange on the background.

Of course, there is also a sketch to follow too at the pixie cottage if the 'mellow fruitfulness' doesn't inspire you.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

365 Cards - Day 196 - Country Charm
Allsorts Challenge - Colours of Autumn
Ann's Creative Nook - Scallops or squares
Creative Card Crew - Autumn or Fall
The Gingerloft - Anything Goes
Paperplay Challenges - Autumn is a comin'
Pollycraft - Autumn Colours
Scrappekammeret - Anything Goes
Stamp Magic - Autumn Colours
Tellens Place - Anything Goes
Timbroscrapmania - Anything Goes
Wee Memories - Fall Inspiration



Items Used:

Stamps: Spooky tree background and the apple barrel from Apple Hannah
The misty vines on the background are a stamp from Clarity Stamps.
Coloured with distress inks
Stickles - Stardust
Cuttlebug embossing folder - Victoria
Prima 3-line pearls


My wonderful team mates at the Pixie Cottage have made some gorgeous cards with apples and pumpkins - really showing the mellow fruitfulness of Autumn. I hope you'll take a look at them and join us in the challenge this week.


Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

25 comments:

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sharon.

Hugs Riet.xx

Rose Petal said...

Hello Sharon. This is a lovely card with all the layering and that image, which looks great against those colours.
Thank you so much for joining us at Tellens Place this week. Happy crafting.
With love, Sandra xx

Adrina said...

Spooky and very nice Sharon!!

brenda said...

Hi there

A really sweet card, perfect image for an Autumn card.

Thank you for joining in my Colours of Autumn challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck.

B x

Terry Oulboub said...

Sharon, this is a lovely card with those misty colors - it works out well, you did a great job. It brings autumn to mind and I love those papers! What a great job with the layering and love the embossing! Thanks for joining us at Tellen's Place this week!. :-)

Deirdre said...

Great card - love it.

Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week. ♥

Tanya R said...

This is really nice. Love how you mixed some of the stamps together.
Hugs
Tanya

Tanya R said...

This is really nice. Love how you mixed some of the stamps together.
Hugs
Tanya

Bianca said...

This is a very, very spooky birthday card! I love it! Thanks for playing with us at Stempel Magie. xx Bianca

Fleur said...

A great card, love the colours and the web looks fab
Thanks for joining the challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Christi said...

Very cool!! Thank you so much for playing along in this week's Makeup 4 the Weekend challenge!!

Davi said...

I think you did a fab job portraying mist!! Love the texture and colors!!

Nadine said...

Hallo

wow, ein Traum.
Das stimmt einfach alles.
Vielen Dank fürs Mitmachen bei
StempelMagie.

Liebe Grüße Nadine

Dawn Mercedes said...

Nicely done...thanks for joining my challenge at Paper Makeup!

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

I think you did well with the mistiness. Great card.
Thankyou for joining us at Tellen's Place and hope to see you back next time

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

I think you did well with the mistiness. Great card.
Thankyou for joining us at Tellen's Place and hope to see you back next time

Joynana said...

I love the textures of this card and that the mist looks likes it is there. Thanks for joining us at Tellen's Place.

Tina said...

This is just beautiful! Thanks for joining us for the Makeup 4 the Weekend challenge.

Jane said...

A lovely card thanks for playing at Tellens Place
Luv Jane xxx

Jane said...

A very striking image thanks for playing at Tellens Place
Luv Jane xxx

Gloria Stengel said...

Great background techniques! Thanks for playing at 365 Cards.

Ann said...

Beautiful card Sharon!! Love how your mistiness turned out. Thanks for playing along at the Nook this week!!

Denise @ kc242 said...

Your fall card is soooo pretty. I simply love all of the beautiful details!
Denise

Pam said...

Stunning image - great card!

artish said...

love how you combined images to create one awesome card- super shimmery moon. great job!!

Slideshow