Saturday, 4 September 2010

Parchment Butterfly

Before I get to my project for today, I have to say a big thanks to Rosie D's challenge for selecting my card as the winner of their final challenge. It's so sad to see a challenge shut down. The DT girls work really hard behind the scenes so I send them a big thanks for their work and inspiration too, and wish them luck in whatever they do next.

Right, onto today's project. This is my DT card for the One Stop Craft Challenge where the wonderful Cat picked the them this week. She's given a beautiful inspiration photo of a butterfly and a caterpillar. The inspiration I took was from the photograph layout.




I'm entering this into the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp - Pearls & Lace
Prairie Fairy - Pearls & Lace
Pals Paper Arts - Pretty in Pearls
Paperplay Challenge - In Stitches
Stampin' B's - Use a charm
A Pocket Full Of Posies - Winged Things
Pollycraft - add a little nature to your card
Crafty Cardmakers - spotlight challenge: Glitter & Sparkle
My Time To Craft - In the garden



There is a moving story behind the pictures that really touched me (not sure if that will appear on the challenge), so I put in an extra special effort and spent some time creating a pergamano butterfly from parchment paper. This card has so much dimension so I've taken a close-up of the butterfly to show it.



One of my DT colleagues wanted me to post some info on how I made the butterfly, but I'll have to do that another day. I will make another one and photograph each layer so that you can see the patterns on each bit.



Items used:
Brazil Basics card
Martha Stewart Punch,
Parchment Paper and pergamano tools
Silver Stickles
Butterfly Charm, Lace, Ribbon and pearl sprays from my stash.



I hope you'll get time to take a look at the dreamy projects the rest of the talented DT have made.



Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

31 comments:

Cat Spicer a.k.a. Spicey Cat Chick said...

Still so STUNNING Sharon. I am so touched by the love you put into your card. I know my mom is shedding happy tears in heaven by being honored so. You are AMAZING!

Sarita said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog Sharon!
This is so so stunning Sharon. The butterfly is a work af art and I can't wait to see how you created it. I really must give parchment craft a go, yours is so inspirational
Love Sarita xx

6 wacky women said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Sharon
Your butterfly is awesome...beautiful detailed work!!!

Karen x

Benzi said...

OMG, this is absolutely the most beautiful butterfly ever! I can see you spent time and love on this one. Gorgeous card! So glad you joined the Stampin B's this week.

Dori said...

Such a breathtaking card!!

Suzi said...

This is one stunning card Sharon, I love the butterfly and the way you've used the ribbon through the lace. A fab layout too. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Fun Friday with your lovely creation.
Hugs
Suzi x

Crystal said...

Oh my goodness Sharon this is soooo elegant and sooo BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Faye said...

Sharon, this is so awesome!!! I love the elegance of this card. And yes, I also want to know how you created that amazing butterfly.

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so beautiful. TFS.

CraftyC said...

Its gorgeous Sharon, and your butterfly is just wow!
Clairex

Ann Schach said...

Gorgeous butterfly! Love the pearl stems! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Nancy said...

I too am a participant in the PPA#58 challenge and saw your card, it's absolutely beautiful, such detail and yet simple elegance, love it. I too would be interested in knowing how you created the magnificent butterfly?

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Sharon.

Hugs Riet.xx

Jo said...

Simply STUNNING!!!!! Thanks for joining in with us at MTTC :o)

Lindsey said...

Hi Sharon,
I adore this card. I have never tried using parchment but seeing this really makes me want to have a go. Gorgeous!
Linds x

Kelly said...

Your card is stunning, the delicate, intricate detail on the butterflies is amazing. Thanks for joining us at FFF.

Kat said...

This is stunning Sharon. I love it, especially the buttterfly. The patterns are gorgeous and the dimension is lovely. Thanks for joining the spotlight challenge at CCM.

Kat x

Carrie said...

wow...wow...wow...oh and did I say...wow??

This is stunning hun xx

Josephine said...

Oh, that is just gorgeous! The contrast really makes everything stand out so perfectly.

Thanks for joining us in the Spotlight at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

Emily Keaton said...

What a lovely black and white card! Thanks so much for playing along with the Stampin' B's DT this week. Your butterfly charm is lovely!! :)

Davi said...

Absolutely STUNNING Sharon!! That butterfly is the most beautiful one Ive ever seen!! Ive seen a few things done with parchment but this is by far them most wonderful. Everything about the card is fabulous

Alicia said...

A gorgeous card...love all the stitching and your butterfly is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Paperplay this week.
Alicia xx

Risa said...

Wow....What a super stunning and elegant card Sharon! I LOVE your butterfly!!!
hugs
Risa:)

Risa said...

Wow....What a super beautiful card Sharon! Your butterfly is stunning and beautifully detailed!
hugs
Risa:)

Anne said...

WOW! Your butterfly is stunning Sharon! Beautiful work =)

Hugs, Anne

Stampin' Diva said...

Just Stunning!! The butterfly left me speechless. So great to have you join us @ PPA!!

Lorraine A said...

oh WOW Sharon ,, this is stunning !!! :-) beautiful butterfly and the black/white combo is really striking :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow wo wow Sharon,this is so stunning, I love it,let me know if you put on your blog how you did it, scrap that tell me any way lol,I could sit here looking at this all night, simply gorgeous, hugs Liz xx

Shelley said...

Hi Sharon, I just love the butterfly.... It must have taken some time to do, but worth it as your card looks stunning. Hugs Shelley xx

Margreet said...

Wow Sharon, such a beautiful card....amazing what you did with the lace..thanks for joining us with FFF!
xxx Margreet

Pam said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOH how elegant looking!
Hugs,
Pam

Slideshow