Saturday, 9 October 2010

A Romantic, Altered Chipboard Book

Now, this is stepping outside things that I normally do. Altering a chipboard book? haven't done that before. Actually, this is only the start because I've had the chipboard book (from Prima) lying around for a while but just didn't find time to start painting and decorating it. I've only created the on, cover page at the moment; so it is a work in progress.

What made me decide to take the plunge? Well, the fantastic Carrie set the theme of 'Alter It!' over at the One Stop Craft Challenge. Once again, it isn't actually my turn to make a DT item but how could I resist?


The basic chipboard is painted with white acrylic and then I wiped over it ith spun sugar and Victorian velvet distress inks. The edges have a little Walnut stain added to them.

Then I glimmer misted the whole lot as if my life depended on it!!!!

I stamped a frame for the image in embossed gold and then distressed and glimmer misted like mad once again.

After placing the photo and the frame I arranged all the flowers and leaves putting some pearl sprays and ribbons in amongst them. The pink glittered flowers are Prima Fancies - they are gorgeous! Then I dotted tiny 3mm pearls here and there.

The final bits were all the fibres and ribbons holding the book together.

Actually, I'm really pleased with this. It looks so pretty in real life. Hmmm...have I started something here? Will I be creating lots of pages now? Probably not; I'm going to take my time over this book. Maybe I'll try to do a page a month, who knows.

Please take a look at what the fab OSCC DT have altered. I hadn't seen any of their items before I left on holiday, but I bet there are some gorgeous things that they've made.


Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh wow sharon this is just stunning,gosh it really is amazing hun,hugs cheryl xxxx

Lisette Morris said...

WOW!! Gorgeous!

Riet said...

So wonderful Sharon.

Hugs Riet.x

Deb said...

oh wow, it is so pretty Sharon, hope you are enjoying your weekend, hugs debx

Carrie said...

Totally fell in love with this book..love the colours, image and the vintage feel xx

Sandy Ang said...

This is so romantic and charming !
Love to see you at my challenge - http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2010/11/sandys-challenge-1.html

Slideshow