Thursday, 4 November 2010

Gold and Glitter

A big card today....well, big for me. This is an 8 x 8 card and I don't normally make that size but I needed a card that was larger than my usual ones. This is my DT card for the Colour Create Challenge, and do you know what? I think my favourite colours have just changed. I adore these colours together and have to than Di for choosing them.


The colours this time are BLACK, MINT GREEN, GOLD and CREAM with the optional extra of SPARKLES or FIREWORKS. Believe me, there is a little bit of black on this card, but not a lot of it. I didn't have any firework stamps or paper so I went with the sparkles theme and tried to get the impression of fireworks with my swirly stamp on the background I made. I hope the picture below shows some of the sparkly bits on this card.

I'm entering this into the following challenges:

Sketch Saturday - the fab sketch used
ABC Challenge - G is for Glitter
For Fun Challenges - Use metal (metal eyelets and all the 'gold')
Crafty Cardmakers - Stitching (Faux stitching with ultrafine glitter)
Lexi's Creations - Anything Goes

The Colour Create Challenge is sponsored today by Michelle's Scrapbooking and More. We have a fabulous brand new Tilda stamp as the prize this week, and Michelle is taking pre-orders for the new stamps at the moment.


Items Used
Magnolia Princess Tilda stamp
Anna Griffin stamps
Papertrey Ink Sentiment
Versacolour Ink - Mint
Gold Tinsel embossing powder
Gold Ultrafine glitter
Stardust Stickles
Cream Linen base card, Satin Gold card, Black card
McGill Pine Branch punch
Roses, Lace, eyelets and trimmings from my stash

If you go to the challenge blog you'll see the wonderful creations made by the design team. It really is worth the trip!


Thanks for looking,

Sharon xx

18 comments:

Pat said...

Wow this is a fab card! I love the colours.
Hugs xx
Pat

Cheryl said...

oh wow sharon hun this is stunning oh love that tilda,and all the sparkle on this is,brill hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Riet said...

So wonderful card Sharon,I love the image and the colours.
So beautiful papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.x

Di said...

WOW Sharon this is fab! i love all your handmade paper and swirls and glitter, its quite stunning!
Hugs Di xxx

CraftinGranny said...

Beautiful card with so much detail. Love your choice of colors and the glitter. Thanks so much for joining us at For Fun this week. Hope to see you back next week. "Hugs" Carol

Crystal said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Sharon I SOOOOOO LOVE your ribbon treatment!

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Sharon, wow I love your card hun, really gorgeous, these colours are gorgeous, hugs Liz xx

Val said...

hi Sharon

This is beautiful

Hugs
Valxx

otomys said...

This is such a beautiful card, Sharon. Fantastic colours and layout. Thanks so much for playing along with us at For Fun Challenges.
Amelia x

Helen Dooley said...

This is a very beautiful card. I love the design and color you chose. Thanks so much for playing along on FOr Fun.

CraftyC said...

Its a beautiful card Sharon and I just love the colours on this. So pretty!
Clairex

Tracey said...

This is really beautiful Sharon, love the colours & all the details :)

Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations & Good Luck! & sharing it with us at For Fun too :)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Kym Weber said...

Absolutely stunning card! Darling image! The sentiment is wonderful! Love how you used the eyelets and ribbon! Such beautiful designer papers and pretty embellishments! Awesome job! Thanks so much for playing along with us at For Fun Challenges. Hope you’ll be joining us for the next challenge.

~Hugs~Kym

Made by Mandy said...

Love the many details in this card and the colours do go really well together. That lace trim is gorgeous.

Thank you for joining in with our stitching challenge at Crafty Cardmakers :)

Sharon said...

I love the background paper you made Sharon ~ it looks fabulous! The sparkle looks beautiful and I really like the way you've added the ribbon.

Sharon x

KarenB said...

oh wow... I love it all - the colours are amazing and I love the lacing with the ribbon. The sparkle is just right and the card design is pure class :)

Lori said...

I'm so in love with your card, beautiful, thanks so much for joining our anything goes challenge over at Lexi's Creations, we're happy to have you!

Lisa said...

Sooo beautiful! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at FFC!

Slideshow