Wednesday, 5 January 2011

Cassie Cuddles ...and a cringe worthy card too

Happy New Year everyone.

I've had a long rest from making cards over the festive season and I actually really enjoyed it!

The most eventful thing that happened to me was that my camera has decided to take a holiday of its own....yes, it is totally missing from my house! I always thought that my i-phone camera was a better quality than my real camera....but, see for yourself; the picture quality has gone down somewhat. Actually it's about the same quality as the cringe worthy card photo I'm sharing with you all at the bottom of this post. Never mind.

Today's card is for the Pixie Cottage challenge where I've used the theme (punches) and the sketch this week (love the sketch!) (oh! love the theme too!).

The image I picked out was 'Cassie' by Di Carubia; she's a darling to colour up. I used distress inks to watercolour her (Clothes and background: Faded Jeans& Dusky Concorde. Hair: Walnut Stain. Skin: Antique Linen, Tattered Rose, Spun Sugar. Kitten: Brushed Corduroy)
The image was then covered with watermark ink and sprinkled with iridescent embossing powder and heated up to give it that sparkly, glittery finish (thanks to Dena for that tip - you may have seen it when she was published in Craft Stamper magazine last year)
I used my MS Punch Around the Page set called 'Rings' for the outside of the card and the corner stamp from that set was used on the mat that runs across the card.

The papers are new - one free with a magazine, the other a prize for winning a card challenge. Yes - you did spot a homemade flower in there too.



I'm entering this into the following challenges:
Alota Rubber Stamps - Stamp, Ribbon, Bow
By The Cute And Girly - Bling It On (Blingy Image)
Crafty Cardmakers - First and Last - I'm cringing at the first one - see below.....
Crazy for Challenges - Celebrate Something (a birthday)
Drunken Stampers - Something New (new papers)
Flourishes - Just Add Flowers
Just Add Ink - Just Add Summer (Summer dress & summer flowers)
Kaboodle Doodles - Anything Goes
Moving Along With The Times - Birthday and Circles
Sew Many Challenges -New Things (New and free papers)
Simply Create - I'm the boss (embossing) - embossed shimmer on image
Speedy The Cat's Challenge - Use Something New (new papers)
Stamp Insanity #40 - Sparkle (Sparkly Image)
Stamp Something - Something with Glitter (Glittery Image)
Stampin B's - a celebration
Whoopsidaisy - Free and Easy


Okay, now for cringe ville!


The Crafty Cardmakers challenge theme (link above) is to show your latest, or greatest card - I've used my latest card above, and also show a photo of one of your first cards.....well, here's one of my first in all it's peel-off gloriousness! Oh boy, how things have changed since I found stamping! For a start it takes me much longer to colour an image that it did for me to make that whole card. lol.

Hope this brought a smile to your faces!

Please pop over to the Pixie Cottage Challenge to see how the rest of the amazing DT have used the sketch and/or the punches theme. As usual you won't be disappointed as their creations are fantastic.

Thanks for looking,

Sharon xx

24 comments:

Marie said...

Lovely Card!

Thank for participating in the Alota Challenge!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sharon.

Hugs Riet.x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous card, love the edging on the card!

Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Benzi said...

So pretty! I love the glittery finish you gave your image. Don't you just love the PATP punches?

Hope you find that camera. Yikes!
I don't think I'll do the challenge to show one of my first cards. LOL

So glad you joined the Stampin B's this week for our 'celebrate' challenge.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Lovely Card, thanks for playing along on MAWTT, Hope you have a great 2011
Hazelxox

Lindsey said...

Hi Sharon!
Happy New Year!
There's nothing cringe-worthy about your cards, I really like the colours and the image is very sweet too.
I remember the first time I came across a peel off...it was on a wedding invite we had been sent. I remember marvelling at the lovely shiney writing and prodding and poking to see if it was written on in metal! I think when you discover stamps and embossing powder the wonder of the peel off begins to diminish a bit! I think it is a very classy card though, peel offs or not!
Linds x

Cat Spicer a.k.a. Spicey Cat Chick said...

LOVE the blues and purples in your card and WAHOO for you to show one of your first (it's perfectly fine). I don't know that I saved any of my firsts. If I did stumble on one, I'm sure I'd have a good laugh!

Jack said...

Your latest card is beautiful - I love using Distress Inks to colour images. And what would we have done without peel-offs, LOL. Thanks for joining in the fun at Crafty Cardmakers this week.x x

artish said...

firstyourp.c. card...LOVE the glittery technique and your colors-- fab!! hope your camera returns or sends a postcard! the "cringe moment" had me smiling...made me think back to my first creative memories page...yikes!
hugs!

*Vicki* said...

So very pretty!! I love your colors, layout and darling image!! The sparkle is so pretty!! Thanks for joining with us at Stamp Something this week!!HUGs

Crystal said...

SOOOOO SWEET Sharon!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

That bg paper is beautiful - nice card! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Danielle Daws said...

Cute! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!

Denise @ kc242 said...

Hi Sharon! Your card is wonderful! Love all of your fine details!
Love all of the shimmer especially.
Denise

Joanne (jojot) said...

beautifully vibrant card....thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends

redwasher1 said...

Beautiful papers!!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.

Tanya R said...

Love the colors in this, just so pretty.
Hugs
Tanya

darling Ho said...

She is pretty cute.:)
Happy New Year! Sorry for a little late to leave comment.
Thanks for join us at SMC last week. Hope to see you this week at our "flagging challenge".
Hugs, ~darling Ho~

Hippieaud (aka Audrey) said...

Great work Sharon, I just love this sweet little image and the colors you have used. Hope you find your camera. Thanks for playing this week at KABOODLE DOODLES and WHOOPSI DAISY challenges this week:)

Lin said...

I giggled about how long it takes you to colour and how long it took you to make your first card.

Your latest is gorgeous. I just adore your colour scheme. That paper pad was a particularly great free gift I thought cos some of them are rubbish, but like you I have already used a sheet or two of it.

Thanks for joining in the fun at Crafty Cardmakers, hope we will see you back again.

Lin - Lil Miss Chatterbox

Beth said...

Sharon your card is so pretty love the blues and your image is so cute.
Thanks for playing along with us at Whoopsi Daisy.
Hugs
Beth

gerslittlesnippets said...

Stunning card. Your handmade flower is fabby and really makes your card unique.
Thank you for joining the BTC&G Bling challenge this month.
Geraldine

Vixykins said...

Tee Hee we've all been in peel offville! Great first and last, well done x

Trish Hughes said...

wonderful job, thanks for playing along with SC!!!

Slideshow