Sunday, 9 January 2011

Just because.....

.....Not a card.....not a 3d item....not anything being entered for a challenge either.....this was created just for the fun of having a try.

I spent most of today watching Barbara Grey from Clarity Stamps on TV. What a superstar she is....so inspirational and such fun too. Barbara managed to achieve the impossible today. What is impossible? Getting my DH interested in anything to do with paper craft. My jaw was on the floor when he stood in the same room as me for almost half an hour watching Barbara create one of her cards. Well done Barbara!!

Of course, at the end of Barbara's TV sessions, I was totally inspired to get the brayer out and 'have a go' so I locked myself away in my craft room. I could do with investing in some silk card because all the card I have won't give a really smooth finish with the ink....but this little scene isn't too bad.

I used a couple of the Clarity stamps that I have the leafy swirl and hanging vines. I only have 5 Clarity stamps at the moment but I think that number will increase throughout 2011. I also used the hydrangea Big n Juicy ink pad.

Actually, I quite like this and I may even frame it and put it up in my craft room. However, I think it may still be a work in progress......maybe a bit of white highlight is needed on the vines and leaf swirls, a bit of shimmer on the top of the hills.... I feel like there is something missing from the foreground...... or maybe I just need to leave well alone because I might overdo it!



Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

12 comments:

Judi said...

BEAUTIFUL work Sharon! Nothing extra needed - remember what Barbara says 'don't over do it'!!

Judi xx

Suzi said...

Wow!! Sharon I think it's amazing, I wouldn't add anything else. You created a real beauty.
Hugs
Suzi x

Donna said...

Hi Sharon, hope your well. This is lovely, I'm the same after watching Barbara, the brayer always comes out lol. Happy new year to you and yours. x

Tasha said...

Wow Sharon this is stunning! I dont think it needs any extra because its beautiful as is. Love the colours
love tasha xx

Mags said...

Wow, this is beautiful, a real work of art! I don't think it needs anything else! Very impressive!

luv, Mags x

Crystal said...

Oh my GOODNESS Sharon thsi is soooo GORGEOUS, what a stunning scene you have created!! hope you are having a GREAT weekend!

craftykitten said...

Hi Sharon,
Wow this looks stunning hun. Barbara always makes it look so easy doesn't she?? It was actually Barbara who inspired me to start stamping and I'm so glad she did. I don't think you need anything else on here - Barbara's favourite saying is "if in doubt - leave it out!" I must have over a hundred Clarity Stamps and was a member of her club for quite a while - if you can afford to join it really is worthwhile - giving lots of hints and tips about technique etc.
Keep up the good work hun.
Hugs
Dawn x

Sarah said...

A really beautiful piece of artwork - Barbara is quite transfixing to watch - your card is perfect just the way it is.
Hugs Sarah

Rufus said...

Simply beautiful! Why don't we have programs like that here?? Sounds marvelous!
R/

debby4000 said...

What do you mean not bad I thinks its gorgeous.
luv
Debby

Eleclyah said...

I've been visiting this blog since the end of 2010, and I find it wonderful, full of inspiring ideas! *_*

A friend of mine asked me to choose my 12 favourite blogs, and this is one of them: I'd like to give you the Sunshine Award! If you want to know more you can read here:

http://myborderlands.blogspot.com/2011/01/sunshine-award.html

P.S. I'm Italian, so... sorry if my English is not perfect! :)

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sharon.

Hugs Riet.x

Slideshow