Sunday, 23 January 2011

Sailing off......

.....into the sunset or the sunrise? I think this may be sunrise, what do you think?

I'm still tackling the things I find hardest to do in an attempt to shake myself into full creative mode again. This time I've tackled one of those dreaded 'male' cards. I don't know why most of us find these so hard to do - but I do struggle with cards for men.....probably because they need to be so non-fussy.
Luckily for me, there are a few challenges that this will fit into. So I'm entering it into:

Allsorts - Male/Boy
Crafty Catz - Forgotten Stamp (All my male stamps migate to the bottom of the drawers and cupboards - but I had completely forgotten I had this one)
Sweet Stampin' - Clear as Mud
Totally Stampalicious - Masculine Monday
Your Next Stamp - Let's make a scene

Well, I keep on trying that brayer out don't I? I think I'm beginning to get the knack of using it - I just can't wait for my coated card stock to arrive. Using normal card stock makes it quite difficult to brayer smoothly and not get lines.

I think the next time I use this stamp to create a scene, I'll use my inkessentials pen in the water section with lots more stickles to try to get sheen of reflected sun. (and maybe blot out the waves part of the stamp)

Right, I'd better post this now before I head off to bed because I probably won't have time to link the challenges up in the morning before work.

Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

14 comments:

uksharon said...

Terrific card - I've got a brayer that needs getting out of the box but busy with other techniques at the moment.
Thanks for joining us at CCCC this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

Mags said...

This is a great men's card! Most men I know just do not do cute: this card, with your lovely brayering and that great image, is just so good!!

luv, Mags x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous Sharon, perfect mans card.
luv
Debby

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Sharon, the coated cardstock really does make a difference, I got mine a couple of weeks ago. Have fun. Donna x

Aunty Sue said...

Great card thanks for joining Crafty Catz this week.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sharon.

Hugs Riet.x

carol said...

lovely card, thanks for sharing your forgotten stamp with us, x carol

Tracey T said...

Wow, Sharon - this is stunning. It's quite an achievement to make a simple but striking card and you've done this in spades! Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin'! Tracey x

Vicky said...

Sharon this is a fabulous card I always find male cards hard to do I think its cus I like my flowers & bling lol. This is lush.
Thankyou for joining us girlies at Sweet Stampin, good luck.

Hugs Vicky xx

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is so unique ... love it! Thanks so much for joining in on our Birthday challenge over at The Sisterhood! Hope to see you again next challenge!

TannyP said...

Great work with that brayer! Awesome ribbonry =) Thanks for joining in the Sisterhood of Crafters Birthday Challenge!

Carole of Brum said...

Fantastic card, I do love the brayering...I've not tried that yet cos it seems scarily artistic but I always admire the results everyone else gets. I'm like you and don't enjoy doing men's cards, but I really like yours, it's a great image to use and being simple creatures they don't like lots of fuss and embellishments, lol. Great idea about the inksentials pen for the water. CoB

scotspanda said...

super card, the image is great

thanks very much for joining in my male inspired challenge at Allsorts. Good luck in the prize draw :o)

hugs

Amanda xx

LindaC said...

Nice card for a man. Like how you did the sky. Thanks for joining us at Your Next Stamp. Linda C

Slideshow