Saturday, 5 February 2011

Less is more - Simplicity

2 posts in one day! Sorry folks, but I couldn't resist doing a second post today for a card that I've just made as a bit of support for a brand new challenge blog that has started up today. Chrissie (who I've worked with on the OSCC) and Mandi (who I've admired for ages) have started their Less Is More challenge blog today. Go take a look - it is sure to be fun for those that like the CAS style.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Less is More - Black, White and Pink
Simplicity (OLW 39) - A One Layer Card with an image, a border stamp and bling

The whole point of these challenges is to make and enter CLEAN and SIMPLE cards - a style I'm trying hard to master at the moment (so you may see a lot of me girls as I bring you along on my journey to true CASness) ;o)

The theme picked buy Less is More this week is BLACK, WHITE and PINK. Yummy! Love that colour combo. Good luck with the challenge ladies. Those of you that know me also know I love doing the non-trad Xmas colours - so with these colours what could I do but make my first Christmas card for 2011.

The theme picked by Simplicity is a one layer card, No sentiment can be used - just an image, a border and some bling. Gulp! (but I did it!)


Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

24 comments:

Biscuitlid said...

I love it Sharon, great to see you creating a CAS project beautiful stamps too.

Big hugs lovely
Victoria
x

Chrissie said...

All your work is fabulous Sharon and this fabulous CAS style card is perfect.
Thanks so much for all your support and kind words for our new venture at "Less is More", we're delighted to have your wonderful contribution!
Chrissie

~ Ali Watson ~ said...

This is fab Sharon, love it.

thanks for the lovley comment on my blog now i've found your fabby blog.

Have a lovely day

Ali x

Kathyk said...

It's FABULOUS and it's another Christmas card done too

Kathyk

Cheryl said...

oh this is stunning hun you have done a brilliant job so classy,hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Susan Raihala said...

Not only did you do it, you did it beautifully! Love those colors on a Christmas card! Thanks so much for playing the OLW challenge!

Sarita said...

This is beautiful Sharon, a great combo of stamps,
Love Sarita xx

Crystal said...

Oh WOW Sharon I LOVE your CAS design!!! Totally BEAUTIFUL!!! LOVE these colors!

Mandi said...

Your card is just fabulous Sharon
Perfect for our "Less is More"
challenge blog

Thank you so much for your support

mandi xx

Debgem said...

Well I think you've already mastered the CAS style! This is absolutely gorgeous!

Viv's Visuals said...

Gorgeous card

Jose said...

lovely card, love it.
Jose

Faye said...

Very beautiful. Just proves that simple can be stunning.

♪♫♥ Charity Crafter ♪♫♥ said...

dont apologise for 2 posts x your work is a joy x Leigh x

Paula Gale said...

cute card. Love that tree stamp.

Paula x x x

Cazro said...

Something different and I love it. Cheers Caz

Bonnie said...

This is so stunning! Love that pink bow atop the tree!

Susan said...

A www...this is too cute!! I need to make a pink, white, & black card. I would never have thought to use those colors for Christmas, but I love it!

Sheila in Cyprus said...

Fabulous colours for Christmas. Fabulous card too. Love Sheila (Cyprus)

Andria said...

very pretty card, fantastic stamping.

Shaz said...

Gorgeous card. Love these colours for Christmas. x

Lynne said...

This is fabulous. Love it.
Lynne xxx

Debgem said...

Sharon - I CASEd your Christmas tree card - check out my blog!! What do you think?

Christy said...

Very nice card. Very elegant. Love it.

Christy
http://christybladehandmade.blogspot.com

Slideshow