Wednesday, 9 February 2011

Love in Pink

I wonder....... if I leave enough of these Valentines cards lying around the house, do you think my hubby might even remember this year? (Huge guffaw...not a hope! Bless him - and I wouldn't have him any other way.)

There's a lot of romance in the air out here in blog land this week, isn't there? Well, it is that time of year after all. I'm still carrying on the love/romance theme with my card today and I'm back to my glitzy, sparkly and 'fussy' style. Hmmm, I may be flipping between the fussy and the clean and simple for a little while longer yet. This one is most definitely a girl's card (oooh! PINK!), but it could also be used as a wedding or anniversary card.

It's the Pixie Cottage challenge day today and the themes are a sketch and/or ribbons (oh yes! we all love our ribbons, don't we?) I've used both in this card.
I love this little stamp (May I Have This Dance - by ArTish); it looks fab coloured but I kept colour to the minimum this time around - just a few stickles for a glitzy shine.

I'm entering this into the following challenges:
A Spoonfull of Sugar - Let's see some love
If the shoe Fits - Get Your Pink On!
My Time To Craft - Hearts and Flowers
Ooh La La - For Someone Special
Papertake Weekly - Have a Heart
Sew Many Cards - Anything Goes
Stamps R Us - Valentine/love
The Pink Elephant - Be My Valentine
Two Sisters - The World is our Oyster (pearls)

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you will head over to the challenge blog to see how the talented DT have got creative with their ribbons this week; lots of inspiration for everyone.
Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

30 comments:

Sadilla said...

Hi Sharon... I love your card, is so romantic and chic... the light rose colour combo is lovely, and I like all the details...
hugs
Sadia

nessy said...

what a pretty card and so gorgeous in pink!
vanessa xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous Sharon, wonderful image and details.
luv
Debby

Kathyk said...

Wow, fab card and well done on fitting it to so many challenges too.

Kathyk

Rach said...

oh wow this is gorgeous Sharon, a great way to showcase the image in the heart shape.xx

Kathy Braun and Lucky said...

Beautiful card, will have to remember this image, so pretty. Thanks for playing along with Stamps R Us.

Cheryl said...

sharon hun this is just stunning the coulrs and detail,brilliant hugs cheryl xxxx

Tanya R said...

So pretty, love all the details.
Hugs
Tanya

Debgem said...

Such a beautiful, romantic card - love the image and the glittering! It's fab!

I do hope you get a Valentine from your hubby - but I know what you mean. I'm not holding out much hope at this end :)

artish said...

beyond pretty in pink!!!!!!!!!
LOVE that they are dancing in a heart...tres clever. the dangling locket is the icing on the cake (like the glitter on her dress) you showed this pair off so very well! ~merci!

Angie said...

Fab card love the heart image thanks for joining us at papertake weekly
Angie x

Nanda said...

It is a beautiful card! I like the way you used the ribbon and all the little details.

Hugs,
Nanda

Netty said...

Sharon, this is a fab card. I love the heart shape for the image and the colouring, especially around the edge. The pleated ribbon is beautiful, I keep meaning to have a go at that myself. I worry too about having too many valentines cards around the house that hubby may think that I'm making them for sending them to sweethearts!! Thanks for playing along with our pearl themed challenge at 2 sisters, hope you join us again next week with another wonderful creation. Annette xx

Crystal said...

Sharon oh my goodness this is soooo GORGEOUS!!! WOW WOW WOW!!! LOVE the pink!!!!!

Carole of Brum said...

Ooooh fab-u-lous! Everything on this is great, but for me the ribbon is my favourite part, so special.

Thanks so much for the very kind comment you left on my blog. It means a lot to me to read, more so when I see the quality of your designs. Cheers!
CoB

annieambriel said...

Oh wow!! Such a gorgeous card. I love the bride n groom in the heart. Love all the details, ribbon treatments and blooms!!!!

Thanks for sharing with at Sew Many Cards challenge this week :)

annieambriel said...

Oh wow!! Such a gorgeous card. I love the bride n groom in the heart. Love all the details, ribbon treatments and blooms!!!!

Thanks for sharing with at Sew Many Cards challenge this week :)

Davi said...

Sharon your card is so very beautiful!! All the wonderful elements and image make such a fabulously romantic card!!

almondeyez2000 said...

WOW! This is so very pretty! I love all the elements of it, the colors, the ribbon. Thx for playing with us this week over at "The Shoe"!

-TANISHA

Wendi said...

Wowee what a gorgeous card that bow is so pretty
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Adrina said...

So beautiful.
Great the stamp on that heart!!
Adrina XX

Anne said...

What a stunning card Sharon!
Love all the beautiful details you added to it ;)

Hugs, Anne

Pat said...

Lovely card, great image and colours. Thanks for sharing at MTTC this week.

Pat xx

Jessi said...

wow, wonderful!!!
Such a lovely card!
Thanks for joining "Stamp with fun!
Greetings

Jessi

Carol L said...

I love how you stamped the image inside the tilted heart! Such beautiful embellishments and colors! Thanks for playing along with Stamps R Us this week!

lalkygirl said...

stunning card sharon,i love the pretty pinks and the image shape is gorgeous,your embellies are perfect
tracey[ollcb guest designer]

lesleyworth said...

beautiful! fabulous image, so romantic! thanks for sharing your pink project with us at the Shoe!

dragonllew said...

Lovely card thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy this week & good luck.
Jenny x

Donna Mosley said...

Wow! Sharon this is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Donna x

Lin said...

Oh WOW Sharon this is gorgeous, and would make a stunner of a wedding card or an anniversary card!

Thanks so much for joining us in our 'Hearts' challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

Lin - Lil Miss Chatterbox xx

Slideshow