Thursday, 10 February 2011

Love is a Wonderful Thing - CASEd card

The fussy has been packed away again and I'm off creating something from single sheet of cream card. Just 2 shades of ink, 3 stamps, a nestability heart and a piece of ribbon were all it took...... oh and some awesome inspiration from one of my 'One Layer Card heroines'.

I've CASEd a card today for my Colour Create DT item. The challenge colours today were set by our wonderful Mina and she picked yummy CHOCOLATE, STRAWBERRY and CREAM with an optional extra of RIBBON. This was a dream to work with.

Okay, onto the CASEd bit. CASE means to Copy And Share Everything. Obviously it's not a complete like-for-like copy with the same stamps, and hopefully I've added a bit of my own spin to it with the ribbon. The original cards were created by uber-talented Sarita and you can see Sarita's cards here. Now, that's some inspiration, huh? I hope she's flattered by my attempt at turning her breathtaking Christmas cards into a Valentines card.

This is what I made.

I'm entering this into the following challenges
(and if by chance it wins anything, I'll share it with you Sarita!):

Cooking It Up With Katie - Show me your red ribbon corners (hope this qualifies)
Creative Card Crew - For A Loved One
Do You Stack Up - Ribbons
For Fun Challenges - Hearts
The Sisterhood of Crafters - In Love with Valentines
Stampin' Royalty - Heart, Hearts and more Hearts
Stamptacular - Hearts Gone Wild
Woodware USA Clear Stamps - Use Ribbon or Bows


So to share everything here's how I made it:
1. A Nestability heart placed onto a card blank. I'd recommend using removable or low tack tape to secure it - but I just held it in place with one finger.
2. I took a cotton wool ball and dabbed on a Fired Brick Distress Ink pad, then gently smudged all around the heart. Remove the hestability heart.
3. The swirls are from the Stempleglede Grunge Flourish Hearts stamps set and they were stamped in Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.
4. I dotted small red hearts around the flourishes (from the Basic Grey Two Scoops Heart Smudge Set). I added 3 more hearts in the bottom right corner for a little extra balance to the ribbon.
5. The sentiment, from the Crafty Secrets Cherish set, was also stamped in brushed corduroy ink
6. Finally I tied a bow and left 2 long tails The bow was glued to the top left corner of the card. When the glue on the bow was dry, I twisted the tails one at a time, dabbed little bits of glue onto the card where the twists touched it and left that glue to dry. You may need to put something heavy onto the end of the tail until the glue is dried.


Job Done!

The Colour Create Challenge is sponsored by our monthly sponsor, Michelle's Scrapbooking and More and she's given us a wonderful background stamp for the prize. It's perfect to match up with your Magnolia's, Whiff of Joy's, Kenny K's.

Please take a look at the awesome creations that the DT have created for inspiration this week and we hope to see you all joining in the challenge,

Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

34 comments:

Sadilla said...

HI dear
this card is super chic!! =)
HUgs
sadia

Sharon said...

Hi Sharon,

This card looks fabulous - it's hard to believe it's one layer! The ribbon is a stunning addtion.

Sharon x

Elborgi said...

wonderful!!!!!!

elma

Denise and Louise said...

Wow what a stunning card. I love it!! Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week. xx

Marie said...

A real stunner. Love your clean look and your wonderful design. It's just great! Thanks for playing with us over at FOr Fun this week.
Love n hugs
marie

aqualeiga said...

Oh wow! That ribbon looks amazing! I love the combo of stamping, masking and ribbon for texture....your card oozes class! Good luck and thanks for playing at 'For Fun' challenges this week. Hugs, Ali x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous.I love how you have done the heart and ribbon down two sides.Thanks for sharing with us at Cooking it up with Katie.xxx

Janiel/ janny said...

oh yes Sharon this is STUNNING!!!!!!!! Simple yet not!! LOVE it CASEd or not.. LOL....
happy weekend sweetie, Janiel

nessy said...

simply stunning ~love it!!
vanessa xx

Di said...

Fabulous Sharon Love all the flourishes and Saritas cards are also amazing!
hUgs Di xxx

Sarita said...

Thank you so much Sharon for your kind words. I absolutely LOVE your card, the technique looks totally fab with hearts! I am so humbled that you were inspired by my li'l creations,
Love Sarita xx

Julie said...

Hi Sharon - you've cased Sarita's fab style perfectly and yet put your own twist on it - I love the ribbon!! Beautiful card! Juliexx

Debgem said...

I adore this card - it's just so beautiful. The ribbon looks amazing!

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Sharon beautiful card hun, love the image and thanks for the info, hugs Liz xx

Rach said...

oh wow, this is fantastic, a beautiful card.xx

Katie said...

Wonderful card!
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful!! I just love your design!!

Hands On said...

What a beautie! Love the swirls and the curled ribbon. Beautiful sentiment. Thanks for playing with Stampin' Royalty.

debby4000 said...

Your card is gorgeous Sharon, wonderful details.
luv
Debby

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous! I love that ribbon! Thanks for Cooking it up with Katie this week!
Tammy x

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is fabulous Sharon ... I really love what you've done here!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood! We hope you'll come back again next challenge for more fun!!

Helen Dooley said...

This is a beautiful card. I love how you did it. I hope you wouldn't mind if I steal the idea. Its wonderful. Thanks for playing along on For Fun.

Dena said...

Beautiful Sharon! Very cool looking!
hugs, Dena

Nancy said...

Gorgeous and so elegant!! She would be pleased with this case!! Thanks for joining us this week at Woodware USA!!

isu.alum said...

This is just the most beautiful Valentine I have ever seen, really! Love everything about it...STUNNING! Thanks for playing in the WoodwareUSA challenge. Good luck!

Kerry WWDT

ikki said...

Great card, love the stamping and the way you have used the Nestie! Nice finish with the ribbon, ikki

Anne said...

Oh my goodness!! Your creative use of ribbon as a design element is beautiful! What an amazing and gorgeous Valentine! So glad you joined our challenge on WWUSA blog this week!!
Hugs,
Anne

Diane Davies said...

What a pretty card. Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters. : )

Meera said...

This is so good. I love this card so much. Thanks so much for sharing with us at For Fun, do join us again, your work is beautiful.

Meera

sallysbitz said...

WOW .... this is stunning x

Thanks for joining us @ For Fun Challenges.

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Christine - Cndn Stamper said...

Simply gorgeous. Thanks so much for giving the details on how you made the card. I am so loving this and may in fact CASE it too!

Thanks for joining us at For Fun Challenges.

Meilani Z. Smith said...

Your card is so elegant. I need to case it. Thanks for sharing with us at Stampin' Royalty.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

sharon! this is gorgeous! it took my breath away and i just can't stop staring at it! holy moly!!! GOR-G-US!!!!

hugs :)

Micki said...

WOW, this is simply STUNNING. I love it, it's so beautiful and elegant. (sigh, jaw is still on the floor :-).

thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

Slideshow