Saturday, 12 February 2011

Speedy Gonzales......

.....well, speedy for me, anyway. 2 hours + 2 challenges = 3 cards and a box! (and several false starts).

Mind you, it took another 30 mins to iron the black background for the photos and another 30 mins to photo and blog these. lol. Still, a least my duvet is ironed now - so that's a bonus.



The two challenges that inspired this little lot are:

Less Is More - A One Layer Card with the theme of 'Flower' or 'Tree'

Simplicity One Layer Wednesday - Two for the Show (2 image stamps and no sentiment)


I think I'd better enter this first card into those two challenges because it has the least decoration on it - just a few 3mm pearls on the bottom corner and a doodled border. I used a brilliance ink pad so the sheen may have been picked up in these photos.

After making that first card, I wanted to do one which had a bit more 'interest' so I removed part of the front and punched a border, then added some relief colour to the inside of the card (so, this one is not strictly a OLC)



Finally I spotted some lilac satin ribbon, so that just had to be used, didn't it? I wanted to make a simple box to go with the last card, so I found an origami box I'd made a while ago, copied the folds and voila! A little gift set.



Items used:
Stamps: Kanban Garden Vista clear stamps
Ink: Brilliance ink pad in Twilight
Punch: Martha Stewart
Lilac Satin Ribbon and Mark Richards 3mm pearls from The Papermill.


Okay, I'm off to change my bed now it's been ironed, make some wedding invites and try oh-so-hard NOT to open the package that the postman has just delivered before I've finished those 2 things. Yep, those stamps I was waiting for have just turned up.

................I must not open the package...I must not open the package....I must not open the package....I must .....
(tee hee)


Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

33 comments:

Mandi said...

Lovely card and a super collection Sharon
The colours are beautiful too

Thanks for participating
mandi
"Less is More"

Chrissie said...

Oh Yum Sharon, these are all fab!
Love the colour combo!
Thanks for coming back for more!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Zoƫ said...

Such pretty colours to compliment such a pretty card. Zx

~ Ali Watson ~ said...

Super creations, love them.

Ali x

Margaret said...

These are gorgeous Sharon, love the colours!
Margaret x

Sheila in Cyprus said...

Super cards and great colours. Love Sheila (Cyprus)

Gibmiss said...

Hi Sharon
Love your cards all beautiful
hugs
sylvie
Gibraltar
xxx

Aileen said...

What a lovely set of cards. x

Laura said...

Lovely cards! Really pretty colours and I really like that tree stamp.

KatheD said...

Brilliant collection, Sharon. I like the evolution from the first card through the full set, and I love the colors.

Kathyk said...

SMASHING - I've often looked at that very same tree set . . so maybe I will. Great job

Kathyk

Larissa said...

Wow all these card are fabulous! Great colours.

Hugs,
Larissa

Lynne said...

Very pretty.
Lynne xxx

ikki said...

Wow, you have been busy! You deserve your nicely ironed bed! Great card - love this EI stamps. ikki

Caroline Hallett said...

Gosh the colours on this are brilliant - love it!

Faye said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I love the stamp and the wonderful colors, Sharon.

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

beeeautiful!!! :) x

Viv's Visuals said...

Ooooo these are YUMMY!!!

Susan said...

Fabulous colors!! Love those stamps!

Cheryl said...

oh hun this is one gorgoues selction,love that tree stamp and the coulrs are gorgoues hugs cheryl xxxxx

Debgem said...

I love these Kanban trees - so elegant. And in the brilliance inks they look stunning. Perfect for both challenges!

Stamping 4 Pleasure said...

FAB!
Hugs, Sandra

Lynne K said...

Gorgeous set of cards! The colours are simply beautiful. Haven't seen that tree stamp before, but it's now on my wish list! Lynne x

Suze Bain said...

A beautiful card, I love the stamp you've used.

Sue said...

fabulous selection of cards and all gorgeous

sue
xx

Abi said...

Your duvet, LOL!! Absolutely beautiful cards & box. I am inspired x

Sally H said...

Oh wow! These are fabulous! I nearly bought those stamps yesterday - wish I had now! Wonderful cards!

Jane said...

Beautiful

faitha said...

Lovely cards and the little box, good idea to get the ironing in to crafting :)

Shaz said...

WOW these cards are stunning. I just love the colours. xx

laney said...

WOW!! Sharon these are stunningly gorgeous!!!
hugs
laney

Elizabeth said...

Hello Sharon, lovely cards. I like the way you have doodled a line around the card to frame it and the colours are lovely. Elizabeth x

Jennifer said...

Very pretty card!

Thanks for playing along with OLW40!

Slideshow