Monday, 7 February 2011

A Trio of Hearts

I was like a woman possessed this weekend. Hubby working, no kiddies or grandchildren visiting (awww missed them all) and I had the house completely to myself; I got inky all over - pure bliss! Actually, at some points my hands were so covered in red ink it looked like I had committed a crime!Loads of cards were made - just not all the ones I should have been working on - my order book still has a few items in it that remain untouched. Hey ho.
I think all this creativeness was born out of pure frustration as I've been waiting over 3 weeks for some stamps that haven't arrived yet. I have all fingers crossed that they will make an appearance some time this week.

Oh, the camera was playing up; sorry. All these photos were taken within a couple of minutes but you wouldn't believe it from the difference in each of them - some look like they were taken at night!

This little trio of cards came out of playing with my stempleglede stamps. I do love these and don't think I will ever tire of using them.

This first card was based on the sketch by Waltzing Mouse. If you look carefully you can see it. This angled shot, although not great in the lighting department, does show off the tiny 2mm gold bling gems around the heart.

I'm entering this first card into:
Passion for Papertrey challenge - Sweet Inspiration - a hearts inspirational picture (the bottom card is also entered into this challenge)



I'm entering all the cards into these challenges:
Bunny Zoe's - Love is in the Air (I got my stempleglede stamps from her)
By the Cute and Girly - Red is all around us
Crazy 4 Challenges - Valentine
Gingerloft - Seeing Red
Paperplay - Stamp It Out!
Secret Crafter - Valentine
Sew Many Challenges - Anything Goes
Stampin' for the weekend - St Valentines Day
Stamptacular - Hearts gone Wild
The Crafty Pad - Love is in the air
Whoopsidaisy - Give us your heart

I took photos as I created this card above, so I can post a tutorial on creating the background panel direct on your card blank when I get the time. Maybe towards the back end of this week.

I loved seeing the different ways these cards turned out with all the heart stamps. Each one is slightly different. I adore the glossy look of the heat embossed one below.

Hope you like these and thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

32 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh gorgeous cards Sharon.
luv
Debby

Rose Petal said...

Hello Sharon. These are beautiful. I just love how you have done the hearts, and they look so delicate and very pretty. Thank you for joining us at Tellens Place and good luck.
With love, Sandra xx

Vicky Hayes said...

These are absolutely beautiful! Your backgrounds look like delicate confetti and I particularly like the second card where the heart really stands out against the frame.

Pami said...

Hi Sharon, these are gorgeous cards, just lovely. Thanks so much for joining in with my RED challenge at MAWTT this week. Pami x

nessy said...

wow!! what stunning cards ~so very elegant and gorgeous!
vanessa xx

Janna said...

Hi Sharon! I absolutely love your cards! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful and elegant red hot project with us at DYSU this week! Janna

Hannapanna said...

These are stunning. Gorgeous details and colours. Thanks for joining us over at By the Cute and Girly this month and good luck. Hugs, Hanna

WencheP said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Lorraine said...

They're beautiful. Very classy and elegant. Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week.

Debs said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous work! I love them all.
Thanks for sharing the love with us at Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Carole of Brum said...

Gosh what lovely designs! You've produced beautiful work here. Just been looking at the cards you've uploaded since my last visit....fab work, I really like your style. Co B

Aimes said...

What gorgeous cards - I had to giggle at your red stained fingers: I've been there myself :D
Thanks so much for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Miranda said...

wow Sharon, just lovely cards, can't say which one I like best because they are all so beuatiful
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week

hugs
Miranda

Rleen said...

WOW! Sharon, 3 lovely cards! I love them all.
Thank you so much for playing with us at the Whoopsi Diasy this week.
Hope to see your creations again next week challenge.
Hugs, Rleen

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful cards!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Lovely cards, Sharon! The gold around the hearts is such a pretty touch! Thank you for playing with us at WMS this week!

maxine said...

Lovely cards thanks for joining us at The crafty pad x

Terry Oulboub said...

Sharon, your hearts are so beautiful. I love the details - they are magnificent! Thanks for joining us at Tellen's Place this week for our "Hearts" challenge! :~)

Mina said...

omg Sharon you dont look old enough for grandchildren girl, your just a slip of a thing lol...these are amazingly gorgeous, I love the clean and simple feel of them...thanks for joining in with the Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge
Mina xxx

Julia Aston said...

What wonderful hearts! love the cold edges and beautirul designs! thanks for including the WMS sketch in your projects!

Annette said...

Simply elegant & gorgeous, all! I love the bit of gold embossing! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

princesskitten said...

They are really pretty. Isn't it great to have a peaceful empty house and create?

Debgem said...

Love these cards - all so very pretty!

Thanks for your lovely comments on my cards - much appreciated!!

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

How gorgeous these heart cards. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Paper Play! :)

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Gorgeous - all three. fabulous embossing. Thankyou for sharing these at Tellen's Place this week and hope you can join us next time.

6 wacky women said...

Hi Sharon
Your cards are absolutely gorgeous!!

Karen x

Karita said...

WOW! So many gorgeous cards with fantastic hearts! ;)

Thanks for joining at SSC this week :)

Hugs,
Karita

Heidi-Mari said...

I love the soft papers! Really pretty!
Thank you for joining us over at Stampin for the Weekend
Have a great week
Heidi-Mari

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous collection of cards! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

Lynn said...

Wonderful cards and the hearts are gorgeous:)
Thanks so much for joining us at Gingerloft Challenges
Huggs
Lynn xx

Hippieaud (aka Audrey) said...

WOW Sharon, what beautiful cards and yay for you getting some quanity time to spend alone with your stamps and ink!!:) I love all the fun backgrounds you have created. Thanks so much for playing at SEW MANY CHALLENGES and WHOOPSI DAISY this week!!

Also, I love the font on your blog, very awesome!

Sande said...

How beautiful, lovely and gorgeous cards Sharon! Love them all!!

Thanks for joining us at WhoopsiDaisy this week!

Hugs, Sande

Slideshow