Tuesday, 15 February 2011

Tutorial - Inked Background Panel

Did everyone have a lovely Valentines Day yesterday? I do hope so.


Today I thought I'd post the tutorial that I promised last week on how I created my inked background panels such as on this card here.

Step 1. Take an A4 sheet of card, fold it in half and using low tack masking tape, mask off the edges of the card.
Step 2. Brush your card with a little talcum powder making sure to brush off all the excess. This ensures that the number of stray flecks of embossing powder is minimised.

Step 3. Stamp your background heart image and sentiment in clear ink, apply gold embossing powder, tap off the excess and heat emboss.


Step 4. Taking another heart stamp ink it randomly across the card using 2 light shades of pink ink. Make sure you stamp some hearts off the edge and onto the masking tape.



Step 5. Take a tiny heart stamp and again stamp it randomly over the card in a darker pink ink. Again. make sure you stamp a few hearts slightly off the card.



Step 6. Using a sponge or cotton wool ball and a red ink, sponge the edges of the panel.



Step 7. Carefully remove the masking tape and the card will look something like this.



Step 1. I inked another heart in red and then I covered it with iridescent embossing powder and heat embossed that.


The card was completed by adding gold peel-offs around the outside of the panel and to the edge of the card. 6 gold gems were added inside the panel. The red heart was cut out and stuck on with 3mm sticky fixers and a tiny red bow and gold gem on the heart finished it all off.



I hope you found this useful and that you try this technique out because it is easy to do. Please let me know if you do try it because I'd love to come and visit your blog to see what you made.
Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh sharon hun this is just gorgoues,so beautiful adore that stamp and love the background you have created,hugs cheryl xxxx

Joce said...

That is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the tutorial too. TFS!

jules said...

wow must try this! it's beautiful!

Slideshow