Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Bling It On - Challenge One!

It's the 1st of March so that means it's LAUNCH DAY for the brand new Bling It On! challenge. Yippee!

2 cards to share and a brand new challenge too!

For our first challenge we're sponsored by:

AND

with 4 prizes to be won from those stores.


On top of that.......
.......there is also some blog candy with prizes in the candy from


and



Wow! Lots to be won and you can see all the details on the challenge blog. Hope you'll come and join in the fun.

We're easing everyone in gently so the challenge theme for the very first challenge is

ANYTHING GOES

with the optional extra of adding a CHARM.

You can use as much or as little bling as you like. Bling for the purposes of our challenges is any embellishment - buttons, sparkles, pearls, flowers, card candy...............................

Okay for my first card

I've used a Kenny K image from the Glam Gang Set 2. She's called 'Spy Chick'. Isn't she funky? I've coloured her with promarkers and blinged her up with glamour dust (click on the picture for a close up to see the full effect). Just look at that golden metalwork of the engine....she must be a rich spy chick!

I'm entering this first card into:
Friday Sketchers - The sketch for the top card
Card Makin Mama's - Happy Birthday
Fab n Funky - I image, 2 embellishments and 3 papers
Frosted Designs Fab Friday - Use Metal (a charm)
Guylou's Inimitability Challenge - Anything Goes
I love Promarkers - Stitching
Paper Sundays - How Charming
Paper Romance - Anything Goes

My 2nd card is my LOTV card.

I just adore this 'It's My Party' image and as it was my granddaughter's 3rd birthday last Sunday there was no other image that I could use, was there? Moving from the terrible twos into the tantrum threes this sweetie depicts those little girls just perfectly! Actually, she's a really sweet and polite girl most of the time, with just the odd slip up like this image.

This one is coloured with distress inks and promarkers; skin and hair are promarkers. The sparkle on this one is from my beloved stardust stickles (yes....I did buy a job lot last time I purchased them)



I'm entering this LOTV card into:
Lili of the Valley - Circles
(Card Creations and more) So Saturday challenge - Simply Sparkles
Crafty Ann's - Happy Birthday
Paper Pretties - Glittery
Res-Q Challenge - Get Packing! (boxes - present on image and square cards & layers)
Stampin with the Dragon - Birthdays
Stamptacular - You've been framed
Sweet Stampin' - Oh So Girly
Whoopsidaisy - Let's get cute

Okay, I hope you'll come and join in our very first challenge. Please take a look at the incredible things that the awesome design team have made over at the challenge - it is definitely worth the trip.

Thanks for looking,

Sharon xx

30 comments:

Rach said...

oh my word Sharon these are fantastic cards, both of them.. hugs rachxx

Tine said...

Hi Sharon. You have been busy. Both are great cards and you have chosen fab images. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
Tine :)

nat x x said...

great cards. looking forward to seeing more inspiration from you in the future challenges

Ann Whitfield said...

Two fabulous cards Sharon, thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

laney said...

WOW!!! Sharon such beautiful work, love them both,I'm very happy to be on such an amazing talented DT
hugs
laney

WeirdCat said...

Both cards are absolutely stunning, love the bling on the first one, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
Ruth x

Paula Bee said...

These are both so wonderful! I love the images and all the sparkle you added to them!! Great job! Thanks for joining us at Card Creations & More!!

Sandra P said...

These are so so wonderful! Love the sparkle :)

Thanks for joining Paper Romance this week!

Hugs,
Sandra P

Riet said...

So beautiful cards Sharon,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Inspired By Friends said...

Beyond cute cards. I love them both. Thanks for joining us at Stamping With The Dragon.
Hugs,
Beth

Fiona said...

gorgeous card...love that LOTV stamp right now. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

Fi

Fiona said...

another fab card...love the colour combop too!! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Fi

Patsi said...

Amazing cards babe I love them and the bling. SO glad to have you with us at Bling It On..... xx

Mina said...

wow wow wow Sharon how stunning are these two...what amazing colouring...my Husband would love that motorbike chick lol
Mina xxx

Dena said...

Sharon, both cards are fantastic! What an amazing job!!! Love the LOTV with all the white, it is beautiful!!!
Thanks you for joining in our circle challenge this week at Lili of the Valley!
Hugs, Dena

Chris said...

love both of your cards, that little princessy fairy is just adorable.
thanks for playing with us at Paper Pretties.

Gina L said...

Both cards are wonderful! They made me smile. Thanks for playing along with Guylou's Inimitability!

Michele said...

WOW such gorgeous cards Sharon. Hugs Michele x

CraftyC said...

These are both gorgeous Sharon and both images are adorable. Thanks for joining us this week at the LOTV & Sweet Stampin Challenges!
Clairexx

Sprytebyrd said...

Great cards, Sharon!
Your first one is awesome! Love the colors and I MUST have that image!
Thanks so much for playing along with the Card Makin' Mamas on our Birthday Challenge! Good Luck!
Your second card is SO pretty! Love the way you've colored the 3!
Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week!

Hugs! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

CraftyGirl said...

sharon.. both of your cards are fabulous but that princess one is just darling! I need that for my daughter! Thanks for playing along with us at FD this week!
barb :)

Crystal aka Caitlynsmommy said...

Your cards made me smile, I love both images. Thanks for playing at Frosted Designs!

Darlene said...

Hehe! love the second image and card! Thanks for playing at So Saturdays challenge.

Abi said...

Love your little girl with attitude, although it does not end at 3, the attitude just grows bigger with them!!!! Both cards are fab. Thanks for playing along with our Sweet Stampin challenge x

Card Creations by C said...

Very pretty :)

Sande said...

I love both of your cards Sharon! This princess is lovely and Love the lace around the card.

Thanks for joining us at WhoopsiDaisy Challenge this week!

Hugs, Sande

Hippieaud (aka Audrey) said...

Both you cards are wonderful! Love the little girl on the 2nd card, one of my favorite images - reminds me of both my daughters!! Hugs and thanks for playing at WHOOPSI DAISY:)

Claire said...

Wow both stunning cards, really gorgeous work! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's and good luck
Claire xx

Janet said...

Two fabulous cards. Love the little princess! Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's.

Janet xx

BettyBee said...

Delightful cards! Love the image and lace on the second card. It SO reminds me of my second daughter! Thanks for sharing with us at Whoopsi Daisy!

Slideshow