Sunday, 6 March 2011

Less is More Challenge 5 - Take 2 and 3


Well, I know deep in my heart that my first entry to the Less is More Challenge can't really be called CAS, so I had another try, and then a 3rd try (I will get the hang of this CAS style....eventually). Here are both those tries - and hurray! We have white space this time!

Take 2 - I stamped the LOTV image straight onto the hammered card stock, added some pastel in the form of promarkers (pastel green, blossom and pale pink). Added a touch of glamour dust to the veil, the feather in the bouquet and the ribbon band around the hat. I didn't want to overdo it by colouring too much of the image so I left it there.

All okay, so far.

I stamped the sentiment at the top. Still looking okay.

Then I go and spoil it all by colouring in the loops on the sentiment. Why did I do that? Anyway, when I realised I'd spoilt the card I also realised I'd made a one layer card again. Huh! That's next week's theme.


So, it was back to the drawing board. I cheated and cut the image out of the first card using a nestie. Well, "waste not, want not" as the saying goes. I coloured the second nestie shape with a blossom coloured promarker.


Now, does that wiggly MS punch overdo it and take it away from CAS again?

I tried laying some ribbon over the top but I didn't like that. I also tried pearls and crystals in different areas of the card but didn't like those either. I also think that a sentiment would be too much now it has the mat and the wiggly punch border.

What do you think?

Thanks for all those wonderful constructive comments last week, and all the lovely things you've said about my first card this week. I'm doing my best to have a look at all the entries and leave a little comment myself this week.

Thanks for looking,

Sharon xx

27 comments:

Patsi said...

well my love I hate to break it to you BUT...................IT IS STUNNING!! Perfect babe x

Chrissie said...

What a star you are treating us to two more fabby cards.
Of these two my favourite is the One Layer version... the whispiness of the image seems to float away into the open space, whereas the one mounted on the Nestie is limited to the square. Does this make sense to you?
I know what I mean!
Thanks a whole bunch Sharon!
See you next time!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Stamps and Paper said...

A stunning card....so elegant.

Anne

Aileen said...

Love both your cards. I think your second one works perfectly as it is however your first would also have been my favourite. I don't know if I would have noticed the loops if you hadn't mentioned them. x

Jan said...

Both fab the first one is my favourite xx jan

Susan said...

I LOVE the one layer version...but all the cards are beautiful!

Kathyk said...

I'm a HUGE fan (right now) of one layer CAS cards so love the OLC but the one with the M.S. punch is fab too

Kathyk

Cheryl said...

oh just love these hun,my fav too is the layered one,too,just love the image so elegant,hugs cheryl xxxx

Linby said...

I thought it was perfect as a one layer - the colouring of the loops didn't detract at all. Love the second one too but as you say it is not as CAS as the first.
Linbyx

Caroline Hallett said...

these cards are both beautiful - but I think the one without the nestie is better - its very elegant - x

Lizy said...

Hey Sharon!
This is such a beautiful card! I absolutely adore the way you've coloured this very sweet image in. And I like both cards you have created, for different reasons. I like the single layer one because it really is so simple and elegant. But you are right, shouldn't have coloured the sentiment!
I like the layered one because it is very classy, yet contemporary. And the punch really works for me.

I have been looking at some of your other cards and I really love the Christmas words ones...how did you do them? They look so professional!

Anyway...I must stop rambling...sorry!
Happy Sunday!
Lizy x

coldwaters2 said...

Gosh Sharon this is one very elegant and classy card I love the clean and simple style which you have captured to perfection a stunning creation.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Rufus said...

Both of these are lovely, but for CAS I like the first better. I don't think that coloring in the loops of the sentiment ruined it at all!
R/

Elborgi said...

wow- thats fantastic

Elma

June Nelson said...

absolutley beautiful and yet simple, Ilove these x

debby4000 said...

Oh these are so gorgeous Sharon.
luv
Debby

Suze Bain said...

Both beautiful cards, I suppose for this challenge it would have to be the top one. The image is gorgeous.

Mandi said...

hi Sharon
I LOVE the one stamped onto the card base, its FAB
All id change [uber picky now] is Id have stamped the sentiment to do just about the hat Mind you that's a scary bunch of white space then eh LOL
FAB work as always Sharon, much appreciated
mandi
"Less is More"

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Sharon.

Hugs Riet.xx

Jo said...

Two beautiful cards Sharon, I couldn't pick a favourite. Jo x

Jane said...

Two beautiful cards have to say I prefer the first one as this lovely image speaks for itself

Lynne said...

Love them both. Love the colours and the image is fabulous.
Lynne xxx

Jen said...

Well I love Take 2 and 3.....

I love the one layer effect on take especially... fits the image perfectly!!

See you next week????

Jx

TAM said...

Both fabulous cards - not sure I can pick a favorite

Bea said...

Great cards Sharon

Jenny said...

I love both cards. that stamp is gorgeous..may have to take a look on their website. Your colouring is just perfect to give that pastel hue.X

Faith A said...

Gorgeous cards, I love the colouring inside the font too.

Slideshow