Friday, 4 March 2011

Peace in Dusky Pink

Another non-challenge card and there was no reason to create this apart from practicing my brayering. If I carry on like this I'll have lots of cards ready for Christmas, eh? Bet I don't! It all starts off well at the beginning of the year and then rapidly goes downhill as soon as the weather starts to get warmer.I don't claim that this design is my idea. I saw Barbara Grey do something really similar, if not the same (only hers would have been much better than mine), on Create and Craft in November or December last year. When I saw her cards I just knew I had to get these stamps for my 2011 Christmas cards.

The camera has made the ink on these look a little dark. In real life it's a lovely dusky pink colour.

After I took the picture, I noticed that I'd caught the gold on the right hand side of the central panel. That's fixed now because I went back over it with the gold pen I'd used to create that outline in the first place.



Thanks so much for looking,
Sharon xx

11 comments:

Elborgi said...

it is so beautiful!
Where I can buy such words?

Elborgi

Cheryl said...

oh this is just so beautiful hun adore that stamp and the colurs are perfect hugs cheryl xxxx

Kathleen said...

Its simply gorgeous. I love the colour. It has a nice warm feel to it.

Kathyk said...

It's fabulous and, if anything, I think I prefer this to NOEL but hey - they're both fantabulous!

Kathyk

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Sharon.


Hugs Riet.x

Mandi said...

Completely and utterly stunning Sharon!
Sure yours is as good...or better!

mandi x

debby4000 said...

It might not be your idea Sharon but you've still made a gorgeous card, and I'm green with envy. I need those stamps.
luv
Debby

Crystal said...

Sharon WOW I love these designs and images!!! Your added gold is sooooooo GORGEOUS!!! WOW! Happy Friday sweetie!

Cat Spicer said...

Holey moley Sharon this is amazing! Are the letters a stamp or stickers? How did you create the scene in the C? It's the first I've seen so you are tops in my book! WAHOOOOOO!

Linby said...

Oh this is breathtaking - love the NOEL too, but this is my fav.
Linbyx

Nancy said...

These stamps are beautiful! I love how you've done these cards!

Slideshow