Thursday, 10 March 2011

Two Hello's, One Goodbye, and a card



I've been chasing my tail this week. Sometimes you get weeks like that, don't you? Last night I spent the whole evening doing the Colour Create post and then doing my own post on here. Why did it take so long; I find it hard to say farewell to a DT teamie, that's why. And that's exactly what we're doing today. Our wonderfully talented Dena has decided that it is time for her to move on and step down from the DT. Boo Hoo! We will all miss her. I've really appreciated everything that she had done for the challenge; all her time and those fabulous creations - Thank you Dena. Here's wishing you the best of luck in everything you do in the future sweetie.

I do have some good news too. I've been lucky enough to secure 2 new fantastically talented ladies for the Colour Create DT: SYLVIA from Norway and KERRY from Australia. I adore their styles and their blogs are a joy to browse around so I hope you'll stop by and leave them some love.

Our mega talented Di set the challenge for us and she picked this amazing inspiration picture!
Isn't it wonderful?

The colours this week are: GREENS/OLIVE GREEN, BROWN, CREAM and BLACK. The optional extra is LEAVES. (I loved using these colours)

So, the card I made uses one of my favourite Lili of the Valley images. I just adore glittering this one up.


I'm entering this into the following Challenges:

Alphabet Challenge - R is for Ribbons
Annabelle Stamps - Say it with love
Card Makin' Mama's - Something Green
Challenge Up Your Life - Fairy Tales
Crafty Pad - Use A Ribbon (it's the green bit in the centre)
Lili of the Valley - Say it with flowers
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Sketch Saturday - the Sketch
Tellen's Place - Embellish, embellish, embellish
Tuesday Throwdown - Use Your Scraps (These all came out of my scrap box - you'll see some of the same papers on this card)

The sponsor over at Colour Create is Michelle's Scrapbooking and she's given us two fab embossing folders as the prize. Michelle is supporting a card drive for a very poorly little girl and you can read all about it on her blog.

Hope you join in with us this week and please take a look at the amazing creations that uber talented Colour Create DT have made. Please stop by and say hello to the new ladies.

Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

37 comments:

nessy said...

oh sharon what a gorgeous card~ so beautully made, and stunning detail
vanessa xx

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

This is just adorable! I love your image and coloring and the colors on your card are so beautiful. Thank you for playing along with us at The Crafty Pad weekly challenge of Ribbon. Good luck in the draw to win that awesome prize! and I hope to see you again on Sunday for a new challenge The Navy Wife

Rose Petal said...

Hello Sharon. Beautiful creation, love the colours and your design. So beautifully embellished too. Love the flowers and the lace which adds texture. Thank you for joining us at Tellens Place and good luck.
Love Sandra xx

Sue Kohler said...

Sharon, this is absolutely stunning! I love the image, super cute and all the sparkles top it off brilliantly!
Thanks for playing along at AnnaBelle stamps Say it with love challenge! :)

Crystal said...

This iss sooooo pretty Sharon, LOVE her and her sparkle!! FABULOUS color combo too!

WencheP said...

Gorgeous card! The colors are beautiful, the image is gorgeus and the coloring is fantastic!

Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Sharon, what a darling card. I love where you added all the sparkle! Great creativity! Thanks so much for joining us over at the Tellen's Place embellishment challenge. Good luck and I hope to see you again!
Hugs, Sarah

Miranda said...

awesome card Sharon, so very cute and I love all the glitters on the little fairy
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Sharon, gorgeous card hun, love the image she's a favourite of mine too,have a lovely night, hugs Liz xx

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Love all the embellies chosen to highlight your cute image. A lovely card. Thankyou for sharing this with us at Tellen's Place this week and hope to see you back next time

Kerry Steger said...

Hi Sharon,
Your card is just GORGEOUS! I love the layout and that image is coloured so well! Your cards are always so perfectly balanced and it makes me want to add more flowers to my cards now! Thanks for playing along with AnnaBelle Stamps!

Also thanks SOOO much for inviting me to be on your design team - you are all so lovely and I know I am going to have heaps of fun.

Kerry
xoxo

Kerry Steger said...

Oh Sharon!
I just popped over to Lily of The Valley and I am in love with their images!! I will have to do some shopping over there I think!

Kerry

Susan's crafty chaos said...

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing along with our Embellish chalenge at Tellen's Place, and good luck! :D

Jane said...

A beautiful card Thanks for playing at Tellens Place
Luv Jane xxx

Terry Oulboub said...

Hi sharon, what a gorgeous card with so many beautiful details - just love the image! Thanks for joining us at Tellen's Place for our "Embellishments" challenge this week. :-)

Marcy said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love everything about it! Thank you for playing along with us at DYSU.

Sharon said...

Hi Sharon,

Oh this is just so pretty and feminine - it's gorgeous image and the papers are beautiful. Love the touch of glitz, flowers and lace :)

Sharon x

Liz Weber said...

Stunning card Sharon, so elegant, so detailed, so beautiful. I just love the pretty image, love all the layers. Thanks very much for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps.

Sadilla said...

Hi Dear
your crad is so nice, I love the image you picked, so sweet... and so perfect for the spring arriving!! =)
thanks so much for your comment... from you that I always admire for your coloring it is really a big compliment, it really worth a lot to me! =)
hugs
Sadia

Di said...

Hi Sharon hun, your card is just lovely and i love how you have done the image! great work
Hugs Di xxxx

Manuela said...

Wow, what an adorable card! Fantastic :)
Thanks for joining us at Challenge up your life!

princesskitten said...

That is just so pretty

kitten DYSU team

AnnaBelle Stamps Blog said...

This is simply gorgeous! Love the colours, loe the layout...beautiful!
Thanks for playing along with us this week :)
Andrea

Julie said...

Gorgeous card, Sharon!! Love these nestie frames - they look awesome with this little lovely - I can see why she's a fave of yours. Stunning paper and embellie combo too!! Juliexx

Sylvia said...

Hi Sharon.
Thank you for visiting my blog.

What a georgeous card you have create. The image is fantastic and your colouring to.

Have a nice weekend!!
Sylvia

Riet said...

So beautiful card Sharon,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lesley said...

Great card! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

CraftyC said...

Your card is gorgeous Sharon, I love the colours and pretty embellishments. Thanks for taking part in this weeks LOTV Challenge!
Clairex

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sharon,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Barbara said...

Sharon, this is such an stunning card. I love the image you chose and so beautifully colored, the color combo, the card design, and all the extras that make your card so perfect!!Thanks for joining us this week at The Crafty Pad for our "ribbon" challenge. We hope to see you on Sunday for our next challenge. XX

Mandy said...

Sharon your card is beautiful, I love the sweet image and the gorgeous papers you've used.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Makiko Jones said...

Super gorgeous card!! Thank you for playing along the FTTC with us.

Kerry Steger said...

Hi Sharon,
I just wanted to let you know that I have a blog award for you over on my blog - I love the work that you do and your blog is one of my faves!

Rosietoes said...

Gorgeous card Sharon. Thank you for joining in with the LOTV challenge this week.

Edna x

Rosietoes said...

Gorgeous card Sharon. Thank you for joining with us at LOTV this week.

Edna x

Carole of Brum said...

Oh your card is simply gorgeous, I love just everything about it. CoB

Elborgi said...

wonderful- image and decorations are fantastic

Elam

Slideshow