Thursday, 7 April 2011

Pretty Petticoats and Pins

Well, after being late with my card yesterday I thought I'd double check that this post was written and scheduled. We're on a really feminine and girly day today full of corsets, petticoats and pins.


Today is Colour Create Challenge day and those DT girls have made me so proud again. They blow me away every challenge with the amazing projects.


Thanks girls, you're all one in a million!

The colours, as picked by Julie this time are PINK, BLACK and WHITE with an optional extra of TULLE. So incredibly feminine.

I didn't realise quite how much the inspiration picture had influenced my card until I posted a picture of this one on our admin blog....you'll see what I mean if you take a look at the challenge!


The Corset and 'feminine' sentiment stamp are from Clarity stamps. I added some embroidery sewing thread to lace the corset up, and because I only had white tulle, I got my black promarker out and altered the tulle.

I'm entering the card into the following challenges:


My Partner in Crafting Crime - Layer it up (more than 3 layers)

One Stop Craft Challenge - Spots and Dots

Sir Stampalot Challenge - Ladies & Fashion

Sketch Saturday - the Sketch

The Stampsmith - The Female of the species

So, I got even more inspired by the colours and ended up making all these pins too. I've used 3 of them on the card above, and I now have plenty ready for the next pink, black and white card (hope there's a rush of challenges using these colours soon. lol).


We're sponsored this time by Michelle's Scrapbooking and more. The awesome DT have made some incredible items so please take a look at them and we'd love to see you entering the challenge if you can.
Thanks for looking, Sharon xx

25 comments:

brenda said...

A gorgeous card Sharon.

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation and joining in at Stampalot Challenge this month.

B x

There's a Stampalot voucher up for grabs here

Chrissy said...

This is absolutely gorgeous...Love the colour combo..cant wait to play..
Luv CHRISSYxx

Sylvia said...

What a gorgeous creation Sharon:-))The skirt is so adorable. Love yor design to!!
Have a nice day.
Sylvia.

Judi said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Love the colours, and it's just SO feminine, as per the title!

Hugs

Judi

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card Sharon, wonderful details.
luv
Debby

stampdiva said...

A beautiful card. Thank you for joining TSC "Female of the Species"
Wishes
Lynne M

Di said...

Fabulous Sharon how chic is this card! love it and hope you had a nice day!
Hugs Di xxx

Nina said...

Love, love, love your card!! Colours, motiv and details ♥ Me like :)

Thank you for joining us at Creative Stamp Friends this week :)
Nina.

Clare *Littlebear* said...

Oh, this is such a gorgeous, feminine card Sharon. Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow Sharon, this is stunning, I love it, clever you changing your tulle colour too, love your beads, so want some lol, hugs Liz xx

pinky said...

Sharon this is absolutely gorgeous, I love that colour combo and the dress is a beauty. Thanks for playing along at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Jo said...

Hey Sharon! how's things?
Loving this super fab girlie card *claps*
Thank you for joining in the fun at sketch saturday
Jo xx

Sharon said...

Hi Sharon,

Amazing work with the tulle - what a wonderful take on the inspiration picture! Love all the details and those pins are just gorgeous :)

Sharon x

Tracy said...

I love your choice of image and the design and finishing touches, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Janiel/ janny said...

GORGEOUS card and the details are FAB!!!!! You really went all out with this card dear...
Happy weekend to you and big hugs, Janiel

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sharon.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sally H said...

What a gorgeous, elegant card! I love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Sir stampalot and good luck!

Julie said...

Hi Sharon, I think this is just about the most perfect interpretaion of the pic - what a fabulous dress!! Stunning layout, love the feminine sentiment and as for your pins, wow, they are just divine!! Great embellies!!Hugs, Juliexx

Bettina said...

hi sharon! what a beautiful and im getting the romace feeling. so gorgeous!
looove the pins!!!
have a wonderful weekend!
hugs!

chris said...

Oh this is so very special, I love it.
Thanks for joining us in the Sir Stampalot Challenge Hugs Chris xx

Francesca said...

Absolutely beautiful creation

Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot challenge this month and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Debbie said...

What a gorgeous card! Great job! I love it!

bosenberries said...

Fab colours together! Thanks so much for playing along with My Partner in Crafting Crime's 'layer it up' challenge! Good luck with the extra draws!
Robin

Valerie H. Wilson said...

Just love this! It's so pretty and feminine! And those pins are to die for!!! Thanks so much for sharing your inspiration with us at The Stampsmith Challenge.
Cheers,
Val :)

Tini said...

oOOOOOHHHHhhh Sharon, this card is sooo beautiful! I love your choice of colors and your design. Great work!
Tini

Slideshow