Tuesday, 31 May 2011

Acetate, Glitter and Lace


Isn't it funny, that when you are really pleased with something you've made and you know it looks incredible in real life, you proudly take a photo and add it to your blog, then you're on pins waiting for everyone else to recognise how wonderful the item is....and you wait.....and you wait.....and you wait. Ha ha! I think this may be one of those items for me. I LOVE this completely acetate box and it does look incredible, but it is SO HARD TO PHOTO so people probably won't comment on it. Never mind.

I do have a little CAS card to go with it with another of the acetate flowers I made on it.




This was made without any challenges in mind, apart from looking back at the Colour Create ones that I missed making a DT item for recently. So, I've scrabbled around and come up with the following challenges that'll fit these items.
Fairytale Challenge Everything BUT a card - so I'm only entering the box into that one.
Fun with shapes Sparkle and something punched or die cut (the flowers are die cut)
Fresh Brewed - Anything But a card (The Box ONLY is entered)
Delicious Doodles - Lovely Lace
Finally Off The Wall Craftiness - Who had the picture below for inspiration and the colours are blue, brown and white.

Hope you don't mind the little bit of pink to represent the flesh in the inspiration.



Okay, now for the confession. I punched the leaves using a normal lever punch....big mistake! I almost (but not quite) broke it! So, take it from me; it's not a good idea to use a punch for acetate.

Tha picure below will hopefully show all the glitz that the stickles I added to the acetate flowers and leaves brin. They really do look fab and well worth the wait for the glitter glue to dry.



Well, thank you once again for looking. I do hope this has inspired someone to make something really amazing with acetate.
See you tomorrow with something more pretty and romantic.
Sharon xx

19 comments:

Dodici said...

Love the card and the box,they are beautiful.
I like acetate so much,always great results with it...really don't know why I don't use it that much.
xxx

rachel said...

beautiful gift box and card:)

Chrissy said...

Sharon, this is so lovely. The blings in the centre of the flowers look gorgeous.I used a punch on accetate...opps...bad mistake, live and learn..lol..The card to go with the box is just lovely.Beautiful colour.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Debgem said...

I think the box is amazing!! The card is just superb! Great work.

Julie said...

Actually I said Wow! as soon as I saw the box, it looks fab and I bet it looks stunning IRL. Would love to know what you used to stick it together

mckinkle said...

Stunning gift box in my opinion! Ive yet to have a play with acetate but you really have given me alot of inspiration!

Love your CAS card, that rich teal/turquoise colour is beautiful!

Thanks for joining in with our 'Touch of Lace' challenge over at Delicious Doodles. Good Luck!

Keryn :)

nessy said...

stunning box sharon and such a gorgeous card too!
vanessa xx

Elborgi said...

It looks fantastic!
elborgi

Heather said...

Oh My gosh oh Gee! This is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the clear box. It has a Cinderella / icy / glass feel to it. Something magical and mysterious about it. BEAUTIFUL.

Thank you for sharing and for playing along this week at Freshly Brewed Challenges Anything But A Card Challenge!

Heather D.
Fresh Brewed Designs

Riet said...

This is so wonderful Sharon.

Hugs Riet.xx

karlinchen50 said...

Hi this is a wonderful set.
Beautiful colors and a stunning design.
Thanks for joining us at Fairy Tale Callenge.
**Karla

Ruthie said...

Great project - love the colours and the layout - fabby!

thanks for joining in the fun at Delicious Doodles

Rx

Ruthie said...

DOh - left a wrong comment! Ha ha

I think the acetate box is beautiful - absolutely agree with you! And yes, you have inspired me to have a go at it - when I get the chance!

Rx

Teri said...

What a lovely creation hun! Love that box!
Thanks for playing in the Delicious Doodles Challenge this week, and good luck!
Hugs,
Teri x

Tenia Nelson said...

Love both of your projects!!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC this week!!!!!

Jaclyn Miller said...

I'd say you're an acetate expert! :) That box is amazing and love the flower on the card. Thanks so much for joining us at OTWC.

Cat said...

OMGosh! What a FABULOUS box! So stunning!

darling Ho said...

Wow! The box is fantasy!! Love it!!
Thanks for sharing it. ~darling Ho~ FTC-DT

PokSa said...

Beautiful! Your work is fantastic. I love the flowers.
Thanks for joining us at the Fairy Tale Challenge.

xx Sandra

Slideshow