Wednesday, 25 May 2011

Here Comes The Sun

Now how did that happen? The counter of unique hits on this blog has tripped over the 35000 mark without me noticing! Looks like it's time to sort out some blog candy soon. Best get the thinking cap on for something to offer up.



Anyway, back to today's card. It's my DT item for the Pixie Cottage Challenge. The sketch this week was such fun to do, and the theme is 'Here Comes the Sun'.....so off I went to find a Pixie Cottage stamp that I could use in a different way and make it fit this challenge.



Ah Ha! How about using the Halloween stamp called 'Spooky Tree Background' by Sandra Hammer and changing the moon into the sun? Yes, that works a treat. All I did to show that this stamp can be that versatile was to colour the 'moon' yellow and add a pale blue sky so that it looks more sunny, punch some leaves out to add to the bare branches of the tree and add a bit of screwed up tissue paper to represent blossom. Job Done! I'm going to enter this card into the following challenges:

Bows and Berries - Blue, Bright Pink, Yellow, White and Black

Crafty Cardmakers - Embossing (Heat embossed white on the panels)

Daring Cardmakers - Inspired by the Snow Patrol song called 'Chasing Cars (I chose the line, "Show me a garden that's bursting into life")

Inspire Me Fridays - Anything Goes

Kaboodle Doodles - Distress, Rip, Tear, Crumple (Torn & Crumpled blossoms)



I make that 5 entries.



Please take a look at the rest of the DT items; the are fabulous.
Thanks so much for looking,
Sharon xx

9 comments:

Davi said...

Sharon your card is so pretty and so creative using that tree and adding the flowers!!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sharon.

Hugs Riet.xx

Samm said...

What a pretty card!!! Thanks for joining in with my challenge at DCM this week!!!

Samm
x

Mags said...

Now I'm singing 'Here comes the Sun' by the Beatles! I don't mind, it's a great song - and your card is lovely, too! 'It's all right, do dododo dododo dodo dodo do!' Or something like that lol!

luv, Mags x

Alexeya said...

This is really pretty. I love the 3D effect with the tree! Thanks for joining the B&B colour challenge. Nicola DT x

Lynda said...

Beautiful card - thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

Rein said...

Wonderful card Sharon!
thanks for joining in with DCM.

bosenberries said...

Very pretty Sharon.. I love your use of the colours! Thanks for playing with Bows and Berries!
Robin

bosenberries said...

Thanks again so much for playing in our colour challenge over at Bows and Berries! We only had 3 entries for this one so if you would like to chose a digi of your choice from the shop and I will email it to you!
Robin
bosenberries@gmail.com

Slideshow