Thursday, 19 May 2011

A Set of Sweet Treats

I said it would be something different on here today, didn't I? I've made a whole set of things because I got so inspired by some new stamps.


I've dotted the challenges that I'm entering the different items into throughout the post but hopefully it's easy enough for everyone to follow.

Okay, the whole set are my DT items for the Colour Create Challenge



The Colour Create Challenge has been set by Sylvia and she picked White, Cream and Brown as the colours to use today. The optional extras are to use one other colour of your choice, flowers and buttons. Hmmmm, in my excitement, I forgot the buttons but I did manage everything else.



We're sponsored by High Hopes stamps and there is a fab prize of 5 stamps for the winner of this challenge.

I'm also going to enter the full set of items into the Truly Scrumptious challenge of Anything Goes





Now, how yummy does this choc chip muffin look? Such a shame it's just ink, acrylic paint, ribbon, card, beads and tissue paper! These two photos give a close up of the new WMS gingham & co stamps that inspired me so much; this set is brilliant and as you can see - it's really versatile. The gingham check is stamped up in Peeled Paint distress ink. The polka dot is stamped in brown Versacolour. I couldn't resist adding beads to the polka dots to make it a choc chip - see below for the half finished photo.

I've made this cupcake in honour of Waltzing Mouse Stamps 2nd birthday (because they are the stamps that inspired this whole set).


You can read all about the WMS Birthday Tea Party here and there's still a couple of days left to enter. There's a HUGE prize and you don't have to purchase any of the WMS items to enter because they do have some free templates that will fit.


I used the cuppie love template to make this cake - just changed the topping to suit what I wanted to do, then added 2 'candles' for the 2nd birthday.


Next up is a little box of cookies.


I've made this one for A Spoonfull of Sugar Challenge - Anything Goes
I used masking with post-it notes to get the two colours of ink onto the label. I hope I managed to give it an aged 'thin wood' appearance because that was what I set out to achieve.





Now one of my favourite items; the tea cup. Who in their right mind would stamp it up in gingham.....me, that's who! Looks so cute though, doesn't it?




This type of paper crafting is not my usual thing to do because as a rule I don't get enough time, but I must admit I love this type of thing and it is the 3rd time I've used this particular template. Here's a link to one I made earlier


I also made a matching card; once again mixing the sentiment from 2 labels in the Rescue Remedies set.

I'm entering this card into the Waltzing Mouse Sketch challenge because it is based on the sketch that they've created for this week.


And finally, the little Tea Baggie which has been made for the


One Stitch At A Time Challenge where the theme is Anything Goes.


Again I did more masking with post it notes so that the label themes in with the rest of the items today.



I hope you'll take a look at all the amazing projects from our design team at colour create this week; they all made incredibly feminine cards this week and they are all gorgeous.



We're sponsored by High Hopes Stamps this time around and there's a brilliant prize of 5 stamps.


Thanks so much for looking and I do hope you enjoyed these items,

Sharon xx

29 comments:

Penni said...

Wow these are all so gorgeous.

Hugs
Penni
X

Sadilla said...

Mhhhh that's a very gourmand set darling!!!! It make me feel like having a parfumed cup of tea with some lovely cookies!!!! =))) Gorgeous!!!
hugs
Sadia

Kelly S. said...

I almost have no WORDS! This tea set is sooo SPECTACULAR! I cannot get over the syrup on your cupcake...it looks just like the real thing! The sketch card is amazing with your strips of stamping, looks like layered ribbon. The tea cup so dainty and sweet, and so is that box with the perfectly stamped label and embellishments. Well, I guess I found words, huh?! Hee! GREAT JOB!

Carola said...

WOW, what a gorgeous set, that's really wonderful! I love the colours and the way you created all those things and everything just matches perfectly together.

Kind regards
Carola

Craftilicious said...

Genius entry!

Holly said...

Everything you made is amazing! I can't decide what I like best. That cupcake is just incredible and yummy looking! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge this week!

Riet said...

This is so wonderful set Sharon.

Hugs Riet.xx

Chocolate Orange said...

Absolutely stunning !!
Thanks for sharing with us at One Stitch At A Time for our ,'Anything Goes' , challenge. Good Luck !
Choccy x

Di said...

Hi Sharon wow!! have you been busy! i just love that muffin cake pity you cant eat it!
Love them all you are really clever!
Hugs Di xxx

Carole of Brum said...

Oh wow, these are amazing, Sharon, very well done! When I first saw the photo, I thought the cup and saucer was a real one there as a prop for the photograph! Love the aged labels on the teabaggie and box too. Lovely work. CoB

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Wow, these are so amazing!! I love that intricate border you made for the card and your stamping is wonderful! Well done!

Sharon said...

Wow, these are so creative Sharon, they're fabulous. I could eat that cake right now I'm so hungry!!

Cyndie said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Fabulous set of goodies! You are making me hungry and I just had dinner! Very cool designs--I especially love the teacup and saucer. The colors and patterns are wonderful!

Sharon said...

WOW WOW WOW - Sharon these all look amazing! I love the green with our colour combination this week. The chocolate icing on the muffin looks fantastic!

Sharon x

Julia Aston said...

What wonderful creations Sharon! love the cupcake with the dripping chocolate sauce! Super stampings on your teacup - and your gift holders and card are lovely! thanks for playing with the sketch and the WMS b'day contest!

Sylvia said...

Your things are just so adorable Sharon:-)) I understand you got inspired of this stamps. They are beautiful.
Have a nice weekend.
Sylvia.

Kerry Steger said...

Amazing Sharon!! I LOVE all of your creations! My favourite is the cup and saucer - how clever. You are very talented!!

Pauline said...

Amazing! Love the chocolate theme going on here,! Wonderful stamping and a great mix of creations, superb in every way! Good luck!

nessy said...

oh wow sharon ~ these creations are jsut stunning and so beautifully made!!~what a wonderful idea!
vanessa xx

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

These are amazing, wow!

Ann said...

Kelly found the right word - SPECTACULAR!

Antje said...

Great set - done with a lot of effort and love!

Mina said...

its fantastic to see you back online Sharon I missed you girl and wow wow wow wow wow how amazing are these...each time I look at them theres something new to see...I love them all
Mina xxx

Tosha Leyendekker said...

I'm in complete and utter awe!! Holy moly cow!! What a fabulous set...the cupcake...wowsers!! And your sweet little cookie box, the card...my goodness, everything is simply fabulous!!

Claire Brennan said...

OH.MY.WORD!!!! This is an incredible spread you have here!! I love it all!! - you have my fave templates, one of my fave stamp sets, well two actually!! and my fave colour!! WOW!! I am in awe!! thank you so much for joining our tea party and Good luck in the draw!

Julie said...

Oh wow, Sharon - I've so enjoyed looking at each and every piece in this fantastic set of paper crafting!! Think the tea cup is my favourite too, although the cup cake is yummy!! So inspired by these!! Juliexx

*Vicki* said...

Oh my word Sharon!!! These projects are ALL amazing!! I love that little tea cup...tooo cute!! :) Such beautiful creations!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Squigglefly Challenge in our "anything but the usual" last week! Smiles, *Vicki* ~ Squigglefly Team Leader

Suzanne said...

Gorgeous!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Truly Scrumptious.
Hugs Sue x

Janiel/ janny said...

Hi Sharon, THESE PROJECTS are WONDERFUL!!!!! That tea cup and saucer are just fab!!!!

It's good to have you back dear...
big hugs, Janiel

Slideshow