Saturday, 4 June 2011

A CASE Competition

There's a CASE (Copy And Share Everything) competition going on at the moment and there are another 5 and a bit days left to enter. You can read all about it by clicking here.

The idea is to CASE one of the SOAP cards that the Design Team have made over the last 4 days. Now, I hope this card qualifies because I've actually been inspired by 2 of the Design team. The first one is a card by Niki Estes and you can see that card by clicking on her name. I loved the stamped musical background that she made. The second card is by Tosha Leyendekker and you can see that one by clicking on her name. It's the second one in her post (loved the diagonal part).

So, that's the copy part over and here's the share everything. I used Tumbled Glass and Dusty Concord distress inks and randomly sponged a piece of paper. I let this dry completely before going on to the next stage.

Once the paper was totally dry, I took the 4 stave music stamp from the Waltzing Mouse Musical Backgrounds set and stamped it up in versamark then heat embossed it with Silver embossing powder. I stamped on stamp the 'right way up' then underneath I rotated the stamp by 180 degrees so that the stamp was upside down - it just gives the impression that the music is different (for those that can read music and are not looking too closely!)

I cut the paper to size and added some stickles glitter glue to the edges.

Next I cut a piece of parchment and stamped the sentiment from the Say It Loud set in Momento Ink. To say that I'm LOVING this set is a real understatement - I just can't stop using those sentiments at the moment.

I then put the card together wrapping the parchment around the music paper with a little lace added to the top and bottom of the parchment. This was backed onto silver mirri board and put onto the card blank. The final touches were a Prima flower and some punched leaves that were lightly distressed with walnut stain distress ink.

Hope you like it, and that it does qualify for the CASE competition because I really had fun making this one.

This card also fits the following challenges:
Speedy the Cats - Flowers
Our Daily Bread - Sentiment Only
Inspire Me Fridays - Anything Goes
Stampinsanity - Anything Goes

I'll be back sometime tomorrow with either my Less is More or my WMSC card.
Thanks so much for looking,
Sharon xx

20 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh wow love this hun,that color is amazing love the flower and the background stamp hugs cheryl xxxxx

Carol (Gingerbeary8) said...

Sharon this is gorgeous. What a beautiful display of color. So rich and warm and beautiful. The flower is just spectacular. Thanks for joining us at Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge this week. Good Luck in the drawing and hope to see you next week.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Mark Finest Papers Design Team

Winnie and Patty said...

What a beautiful birthday card!!! I love the heart lace you used also. This is just perfect for the challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge this week!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is just gorgeous!! I LOVE the fabulous musical bg you created!! And your angled panel is just charming with that gorgeous flower!!

Dana said...

This is so pretty!! I love the music note background : )
Hugs~
Dana

Niki Estes said...

Gorgeous card, Sharon!! I love your stamped background, the colors, and the large flower!

Rufus said...

What a very pretty card! I love making my own background paper, certainly like the one you created!
R/

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sharon.

Hugs Riet.xx

Janeen said...

Sharon, what a gorgeous card, very well put together and a great tutorial with it. The diagonal is a wonderful touch with this layout of a horizontal image. Thanks for playing along with Speedy the Cat and good luck in the drawing.

redwasher1 said...

WOW!! This is beautiful! Love the colors in this!!!
Thanks for sharing your gorgeous with us at Speedy's Friends.

Liz Williams said...

Sharon, this is such a gorgeous card. I love this pretty soft blue.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Stunning Sharon!! This is gorgeous!! I just love your colors and your design!! So rich!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!

Julia Aston said...

How pretty! love the music bg and the lovely flower!

Marlena M. said...

This is beautiful! I love the blues and silver and that flower...what a flower! Awesome! ;)

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Sharon, what a gorgeous card and those colors.....awesome!!! THaks so much for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful card! Love that amazing stamped background!

Stempelperle said...

Hi Sharon, i love the colors and your card ist perfect. Greetings Stempelperle

Debgem said...

So beautiful!! I love the colours and the embossed muscial background looks amazing!

Jen said...

Hubba! Hubba! I am just smitten with that background of yours...amazing! I also adore the lacey trim along the diagonal focal piece. Pretty special.

Helen L said...

WOW!! I LOVE the colors you used (thanks for posting what they were so I can CASE you!), and the card is just so lovely: wonderful inspiration!

Slideshow