Monday, 6 June 2011

More Acetate and Parchment

Morning everyone. Well, here we are at the start of another week and I hope everyone is well rested and from the weekend. I have a card that I'm entering into 3 challenges today and it's another of those hard to photograph ones. Honestly, a health warning is needed on the packs of acetate - just to remind us that it's difficult to take a picture of the finished item. lol. Only kidding. Acetate looks so stunning that we just have to use it now and again, don't we?

For this card, I stamped the motif in white stayzon onto the acetate sheet and cut out a window in the card blank to set it into. The parchment wrap has tiny sentiments added to in white stayzon - hopefully the picture below shows those a bit clearer but in case it's hard to read they say 'together', 'ever after' and 'foreverness'. and then one group of flowers and a bow finish it off. I thought this would make a nice wedding or anniversary card.

Okay, so the inspiration for this card comes from:
Waltzing Mouse Sketch Challenge - the fab sketch
Allsorts Challenge - All White
A second entry into:
Less is More - Monochromatic (can't get more monochromatic than all white!)

It's a busy week for me this week so I have my posts all ready to go and I'm going to be returning comments for those kind enough to comment on my posts when I get home from work each night - but I may not have time to do too much general blog hopping I'm afraid. Never mind, things will quieten down again in a couple of weeks or so.

Items Used:
Stamps Waltzing Mouse: Victorian Frippery and Say it Loud.
White Stayzon
White card, Parchment and Acetate.
Paper flowers and ribbon bow.


Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

17 comments:

Sadilla said...

that's very chic dear! I love all white creations!!! =)
hugs
Sadia

Cheryl said...

oh this is stunning hun simply,perfect gorgeous design,love it,hugs cheryl xxxxxx

Elborgi said...

wonderful!

Elborgi

Chrissie said...

Delicious design, perfect placement and a superb submission...thanks so much Sharon, what a gorgeous card.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Pauline said...

Oh wow!! This is absolutely beautiful! What a fabulous design, it's so awesome with the acetate window!! Beautiful card!

Beryl K said...

Gorgeous card
Beryl x

Netty said...

Gorgeous card and loving it on acetate. Annette x

Kathyk said...

That is one special card. Lots of people think that working with acetate is difficult but you've probably given many the incentive to have go

Kathyk

Mandi said...

Great to see youliking acetate, I will never forget the groans form everyone [well some] on our acetate week lol
FAB card Sharon, beautifully executed
Thank you so much
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

Riet said...

So beautiful Sharon.

Hugs Riet.xx

Kelly S. said...

What a cool take on the sketch, love the clear windows and the white color scheme. The sentiment banner and flowers are the perfect embellies for this sleek card!

Aileen said...

very clever card. I admire you for using acetate. It does look very chic. x

Julia Aston said...

Love the stamping on the acetate! what a lovely wedding card - the sentiments look wonderful running along the middle strip!

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Great card Sharon!!

I love the design so elegant :)

Thanks for joining in our all white challenge this week at Allsorts

Emma xxx

Susan said...

Sharon...I'm impressed! I stay away from the acetate! Your card is simply stunning!! I LOVE it!!
My Card is Here

Mummylade said...

what a wonderful creation. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck!

rachel said...

beautiful....very, very!!!:)

Slideshow