Tuesday, 7 June 2011

One that almost got away!

Am I really going to show you the mess that was on my craft desk at the weekend? Well, I was ..... but tidy crafters could have been scarred for life and have nightmares for weeks on end after seeing the shambles that I crafted in this weekend just gone. In my defence, time was limited and I only had the odd 10 mins here and there, and tidying up became a luxury, not a necessity. So, it's probably safest for all of us if I keep the mess to myself.

Why would I even consider showing my desk? Because this card is made from my scrap paper (which I will show you) and under normal circumstances that would be thrown away. So the card almost didn't get made, and it's a perfectly good card!

What's all this about then? Well, two things really:
Firstly - Jo Capper-Sandon and her article in Craft Stamper magazine this month ("Accidentally On Purpose") started it all off
Then Stamp, Scrap and Doodle came along with a challenge of "What's on your desk right now?" and the temptation to have a go was too much for me.

So the idea is to use what is on your desk, and in particular for me, that was the scrap paper I'd been using to protect things. Here it is, although it is partially obscured by some parchment paper.
Who would have thought it? I am now completely hooked on this idea! I actually made 3 cards from the scrap pieces on my desk. So thanks to Jo and thanks to Stamp, Scrap and Doodle. I won't be wasting any more scrap in future.

In time when I get a bit more comfortable with this idea I can see that I'll be adding all sorts of stamped elements on top of the scraps and resisting the urge to add lots of layers, stickles and flowers, but this humble start is a pretty good first attempt (I think)

I'm entering this into the following challenges:

Stamp Scrap and Doodle - Use what's on your desk right now.
Stampin Sisters In Christ - Use something new (a new idea of using your inky scrap paper)
Card Makin Mamas - Use Your Scraps
Scrappy Frogs - Birthdays

Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

10 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh hun this is brilliant just love what you have done here,gorgeous hugs cheryl xxx

Dodici said...

Stunning card.x

Pauline said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! A wonderful effect!

Elborgi said...

nice card- love the colourcombination
Elma

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sharon.

Hugs Riet.xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sharon.

Hugs Riet.xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a pretty card!!!!I love the color combination and all the dragonflies!!!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Hugs,
Chris

Liz, said...

Totally gorgeous, Liz x

Sprytebyrd said...

How cute, Sharon! Love the colors and I really love how you've done the dragonflies!
Thanks so much for playing along with the Card Makin Mamas this week! Have Fun and I hope to see you again soon!
Hugs, Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

Slideshow