Friday, 3 June 2011

Pick a square for Less is More

This card almost didn't get posted. I arrived home from work last night and suggested that hubby and I went out for a meal. Great idea! We never seem to spend enough time together, so off we toddled in the car and found a lovely pub that did food. Had a wonderful meal....but the portion size was so large I think I had to be rolled into the car to come home! lol. You know what it's like when you over-indulge...all you want to do is go to sleep. So, here I am, fighting off the urge to be a couch potato and shut my eyes. ;o) zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Anyway, this card is for the Less is More challenge where the theme is 'pick a square'. Loved that idea ladies! Now, apart from it being a really busy week on this blog this week, I was a little stumped as to what to do until I opened one of my crafting drawers and found several of these flowers in different colours. I made them at Christmas time using a scallop nestie and put them away ....... and forgot all about them. So, long story short....I've only just made the deadline for the challenge even though this card was made last Sunday!


Items Used:
Scallop Nesties
Inks: Walnut Stain Distress Ink. Marvy Blending Blox Shades of Green
Individual Sentiment stamps Waltzing Mouse - Say it Loud set
Leaf Swirl Clarity Stamps

As always - feedback is gratefully received as I'm always looking to improve.

Thanks so much for looking and hopefully I'll be back with something else tomorrow (haven't decided which thing to post yet).

Sharon xx

9 comments:

Chrissie said...

You must be psychic, I was only thinking about you this morning and wondering if we would get a submission from you this week and bingo here you are!
That flower is stunning Sharon, but then your 3D creations are always awesome.
It's a terrific card Sharon.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Kathyk said...

It was worth the wait! Lovely

Kathyk

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous, that flower is stunning!!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sharon.

Hugs Riet.xx

sasa said...

love that colour - it pops off that card!Thanks for sharing,
Sarah at 281

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Beautiful card, love the colours and the flower, fabulous:0) xxx

Susan said...

Sharon, I love that bloom you made! I've tried those before and loved the way they turned out! The color of this flower is just beautiful and I love the sentiment around the square!
My card is HERE

Carol said...

That flower is gorgeous and its a lovely card. Carol x

The Crystal Elephant said...

Great card, love the flower xx

Slideshow