Wednesday, 1 June 2011

Shrink Plastic, A Basket and Greetings


This is such a pretty set that I hope that the photos on here do it justice. I've decided that I should just relax and 'go with the flow' so to speak when I sit down to craft. Been a bit guilty of getting stressed out about doing things the way that everyone else does and it's started to stifle the old creativity. So more of my hand made backing papers are a key part of the projects today - along with a first play at shrink plastic; now that was fun!

These are my DT items for the Pixie Cottage Challenge where there is a gorgeous sketch and a theme of anything but a card. As I wanted to make a set of things today, I've used the sketch on the card and made a matching basket for the non-card item.

The gorgeous stamp that I used as the main focus of the card is 'Greetings' by ARTish. These flower stamps that she created for the Pixie Cottage Store are amongst some of my favourites because they are really versatile. I also stamped the image up onto shrink plastic and made some matching embellishments. I wanted to create a bit of interest with the shrink plastic, so whilst it was still warm I made sure it curled like a flower rather than laid flat. I'll definitely be using this medium again because these are such sweet embellishments.

I'm entering these into the following challenges:
Two Sisters Challenge - Anything Goes
Creations by Gill M - Pink & Green and flowers
Crafty Catz - Pink & Green
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything Goes plus your favourite...for me it's making DPs
Paper Play Challenge - Blossoms & Blooms




Items Used:
Stamps: The Pixie Cottage, Laura Ashley, Waltzing Mouse and My Minds Eye
Distress Inks: Bundled Sage & Tattered Rose

Please pop over to the Pixie Cottage Challenge to see the brilliant work of the DT. We'd also love to see you entering the challenge this week if you can.

Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

13 comments:

Elborgi said...

thats realy nice
elborgi

Cheryl said...

oh this is one stunning set hun just love that basket so beautifully made love the papers you have used hugs cheryl xxx

alethea said...

These are gorgeous!! Love the soft colours!!!! Thanks for joining us at PCJ Anything GOes challenge!! hugs xx

Mandi said...

So pretty
Lovely mix of the green and white
Gorgeous flower

Hope you are well
mandi x

Valerie said...

Absolutely beautiful creations! Lovethe flower, thank you for joining us at CBGM
Val x

Janette said...

Stunning set, beautiful, thanks for sharing them with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

Denise @ kc242 said...

Hi Sharon! Wow what a beautiful set! Lovely soft colors.
Denise

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Sharon
These are both gorgeous,thankyou for sharing with us this week at CraftyCatz,
Hugs Dianne xx

Davi said...

Sharon such very very pretty set!! I love the crisp white with the soft colors and the fun embellies:)

Karen Howard said...

Wow, these are gorgeous! Love your take on the sketch challenge and what pretty paper and colors! You are amazingly talented. I'm excited to be a guest designer on the Pixie Cottage Stamps team with you this month! Hugs, Karen

Dawn said...

Hi Sharon, Beautiful card and basket. I love your handmade papers and the shrink plastic flowers are so beautiful - love how you've shaped them. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz. Hugs, Dawn

Tanya R said...

This is just fabulous! Love the flowers dear.
Hugs
Tanya

Gill McCall said...

Sharon this is gorgeous and so fitting for my challenge of pink, green with flowers. Thanks for playing along and hope to see you again soon.
http://creationsbygillm.blogspot.com

Slideshow