Sunday, 5 June 2011

Thanks; you've been wonderful

How's your weekend going folks? Are you resting? Spending time with loved ones? Enjoying good weather? I'm having to do some work through most of mine.........bleah! But I'm nipping up to the craft room every now and then for a 10 minute crafty fix. :o) That means a lot of my cards this week will probably be on the CAS side - but I am so enjoying this style that it's a joy to keep trying it out. After searching for a 'style' for a couple of years now, it's starting to feel like I'm 'coming home' so to speak. Don't get me wrong....there's still a long way to go and a lot to learn, but it just feels more comfortable than cute and fussy (still like doing those too).

Anyway, I digress.
These 2 cards are for the Less is More Challenge where the theme this week is 'monochrome'. Now, after a late entry into last week's challenge I thought I'd get my skates on this week. So we have a Spun Sugar and Victorian Velvet sponged panel that's over-stamped grass and flower stamps. The sentiment is split across the left and right edges and a freehand wiggly line edges the sponged panel. Finished off with punched and glittered dragonflies and a ribbon (it does colour match - you can see the true shade a bit better on the bottom card as I used the same ribbon on both cards).

After making the cream base card I thought I'd try a pink base card. However, I used a bit of worn lipstick in the over-stamping which, in my opinion, is a bit too bright.
Would love to hear what you all think. Do you prefer the cream base too?

Thanks so much for looking
Sharon xx

22 comments:

Gibmiss said...

Hi Sharon
Gorgeous card ...love the image ...and colours Fab....
hugs
sylvie
xx

Ang C said...

Lovely cards - I prefer the cream base!

Mandi said...

Lovely card Sharon
I prefer the first. Think they would work without the ribbons too. stunning panels


Thank you very much
Diva LIM mandi
"Less is More"

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sharon.

Hugs Riet.xx

Rita said...

Beautiful Thank-You cards Sharon. Hugs Rita xx

My name is Wynneth said...

Both gorgeous and I don't think the worn lipstick is too bright. Having said that, I do prefer the more subtle shades of the first one if I have to choose !
hugs
wynneth
x

Pauline said...

So pretty, a gorgeous stamp and lovely colours.

joanne wardle said...

both beautiful but I prefer the first one. beautiful effect

Chrissie said...

I love this technique Sharon and I love the colours you have blended. Two fab cards and I couldn't pick a fave, I love them both.
Thanks so much.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Beryl K said...

Great cards
Beryl x

Jenny said...

Two beautiful cards and I have to agree, I love the first with the cream base card because it set the scene off better. Thanks for your lovely comment on my card:)
Jenny x

Sharon said...

These are gorgeous Sharon. I love how the same card can look so different with different colours - I like them both!

Diane J said...

Your cards are stunning, love the style and colours. Cant make up my mind which one is my favourite, which is unusual for me :o)
Diane x

Rufus said...

Like your LIM cards. I like 'em both, but if I have to pick a fav it's the cream based one.
R/

debby4000 said...

They are both fabulous Sharon but I think I prefer the first one.
luv
Debby

Karen B. said...

Oh these are absolutely beautiful. The colors you've chosen can hold a design on its own. Wow!

Viv said...

Wow what beautiful cards Sharon, I love them both,.....just can't choose between them :O) Viv xx

judith@poppy cottage said...

Beautiful design, I do prefer the cream, Judith xx

Lynne said...

Both cards are fabulous.
Lynne xxx

Susan said...

Sharon, both cards are fab...but I think the first one wins...hands down for me!! FAB!!
My card is HERE

Sallie's Place said...

Two beautiful cards Sharon, I can't make up my mind which one I like best.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

Carol said...

Two beautiful cards and I think I prefer the cream background too. Carol x

Slideshow