Thursday, 3 November 2011

Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star

Talk about an Arty shot! Anyone would think I'd been having photography lessons. I can't believe how dramatic I made my card look.




Today is Colour Create Challenge Day and we have some new design team members to introduce to everyone. So firstly here's a big warm welcome to:



It's great to have you on the team. I'd also like to say a huge 'Thank You' to everyone else that entered the DT call; you made the choice hard for us.

Our challenge today has been picked by Julie and she has given us an awesome combination.

Turquoise, Deep Pink and Ivory

The optional extra is Glitter.

I was so inspired by the colours that I made a card I'm really pleased with!!!! I was going to leave the background just brayered but I'm so glad I took the chance and embossed it and glittered up the edge. It made all the difference.






I'm entering my card into the following challenges.

Ladybug Crafts - Non Traditional Christmas

Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes

Stamp and doodle - Emboss it

Heart Song Inspirations - Embossing and/or 3 layers

Pollycraft - Anything Goes

Items Used:
Clarity Stamps: Ornate Star Stamp, Peace On Earth Stamp, Clarity Paper and Card
Inkadinkadoo Christmas Borders Clear stamp set
Inks - Adirondack
Stamp n Stuff Embossing Powders - Kaleidoscope, Stardust
Tim Holtz Alterations Sizzix Embossing Folder - Rays
Glitter and Bling gems


Please take a look at the fantastic inspiration that the design team at Colour Create have given us with today's colours.



The Colour Create Challenge is sponsored by:

gif maker





and she's give a £10 gift certificate for the prize. Thanks Nikki!


Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

17 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh sharon this is just so beautiful oh just adore this the colors are just amazing hugs cherylxx

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous Sharon...love the colour combo, and superb photography..lol..love it when that happens...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sylvia said...

What a beautiful card Sharon:-))
Your background is amazing.
Have a nice day.
Sylvia

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sharon.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow this is gorgeous ..i just love that stunning background and colours
Thanks for joining us at LCI this week
Lisa x

Sue U said...

Gorgeous card Sharon, I love the colours, great pictures too :-D Thanks for joining in with us at Ladybug Crafts Ink Challenge this week, hope to see you soon,
Sue xx

mudmaven said...

This is simply stunning Sharon! Thanks for joining us for our Embossing and/or 3 (or more) layers challenge on Heart Song Inspirations. ~chris

Jenny said...

A lovely card. I really like the embossed background and colour combo.
Thanks for joining Papertake Weekly.
Jenny

Amanda R said...

The way the light is hitting your card is stunning! And I love the colors you chose, very nice. Thanks for playing along this week at LCI!

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW Sharon this is stunning.
luv
Debby

Suzie McFloozy said...

Amazing card and a super dramatic photo - looks fantastic x
Looking forward to joining you on the colour create DT - thanks for the welcome x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Wendy said...

A lovely card, , thank you for joining in at stamp n doodles

Julie said...

Hi Sharon, and so you should be pleased with your card - it is wonderful1! Such a stunning design and spectacular use of the colours!! Perfect in every detail! Juliexx

.:♥MMDesigns♥:. said...

Oh my this is fantastic!!! Just gorgeous!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Pollycraft!
Hugs, Marit.
..::xXx::..

Pami said...

This is beautiful Sharon, I love the background you have created, beautiful colours. Thanks so much for sharing with us at LCI this week, hope to see you again next week for a our blog hop! Pami x

SAMARA NAVI said...

Sharon, oh my gosh, everything is spectacular on this card. It is rich and wonderful, the colors are breathtaking! I love it. I wish you great success in your challenges, and of course with ours at Stamp-N-Doodle. Divine Love and yes...Peace on Earth, please God!!! Samara

Mynnette said...

This is so unique--I LOVE it! Fabulous! :) The coloring is perfect!

Slideshow