Monday, 5 December 2011

12 Days of Christmas Tags (Day 1)

As promised yesterday, here is another of the 4 tags I made over the weekend following the Tim Holtz 12 days of Christmas. This one is for Day 1. I'm so glad that I found out about this event - it is wonderful to learn all these new techniques.

Part of the fun of joining in with this is learning the fabulous techniques as you craft along with the photos provided on the Tim Holtz Blog. The other bit of fun comes in the form of searching around your stash and getting creative when you don't have one of Tim's products. (There's plenty of that on this tag!)



For a start - I haven't got the NOEL die. Then, I don't have the tattered Pine cone die either (that's on my wish list now). On top of that, I don't have the festive greenery or tattered banners dies either (They are now on my wish list too).

So, what do I have of Tim's that I used on this tag? Distress inks, Tim Holtz Coredinations Distress Ink colour paper stack, and a Flourish die cut! But hey, I'm really pleased with my 'make do and mend' crafting using normal punches, sizzix individual letters, glue and a pair of scissors. Not a patch on Tim's gorgeous creation...but all the same, it's not bad, eh?




Hopefully this shot give you some idea of the dimension on these tags - amazing!

I'd like to enter this one into the following challenges:
Cooking it up with Katie - Anything Goes
Rainbow Lady's Challenge - Christmas Carols (The First Noel)
Just For Fun - Winter (no cute)
Crafty Ribbons - Make a tag
The Artistic Stamper - Christmas (A great place to get the items for the tags of Christmas - they have a link on their blog!)


Thanks for looking - I'll be back tomorrow with a tag for Day 2.
Sharon xx

13 comments:

Riet said...

What a wonderful tag Sharon.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sylvia said...

Really a great tag Sharon:-))
A lot og beautifull details and the colours are sooo beautiful.
Sylvia.

Zoechaos said...

Fabulous tag love the letters all shapely and glittery love you acorn inventive and creative I'm in love with this tag. Thank you for sharing with us at Just for Fun XOXO Zoe

Artyjen said...

It's a pretty tag!
Thanks for playing along at The Artistic Stamper this month :)
xoxo Sioux

Von said...

Your tag is wonderful :)
Thank you for sharing it with us at Just for Fun
Von x

Margie said...

Turned out beautiful!! I love that you made this from your stash!

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

A lovely tag, Sharon. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady.

Rainbow Lady said...

Gorgeously fabulous Sharon.. love it. I too am doing Tims' tags with variations. Thanks for sharing
Love Cynthia x

ElizabethR said...

Great tag thanks for sharing at Rainbow Lady's Challenge this week. Elizabeth x

Claire said...

Gorgeous tag, really beautiful work with so many details. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's Challenge
Claire xx

Neet said...

A really beautiful tag, loving all the glittery that makes it look so frosty. Great!
Thanks for joining us at JFF - Hugs, Neet x

NanaConnie said...

Gorgeous tag, Sharon! Thanks for playing in the Anything Goes challenge at Cooking It Up with Katie, which is going to run until January 3. Remember, you can enter a total of 3 times during this month-long challenge. Merry Christmas.
NanaConnie DT Chef

SuzanneK said...

Love your Tim re-creation, I joined in too, so much fun. I am now a follower. Hugs Suzanne

Slideshow