Thursday, 15 December 2011

Christmas Projects




Ahhhh! Christmas! You've got to love it. I spend part of yesterday watching my granddaughter being the Angel Gabriel at the Christmas play. Brilliant! That's what Christmas is all about - it's so lovely to see children play out the nativity.

I've been really busy this year making advent calendars. My first calendar was made with the Colour Create Challenge theme in mind. The challenge colours this time are set by the fantastic Sharon L and they are Blue, Silver and White. The optional extra is embossing. Unfortunately I forgot to do the embossing on the calendar so I made the card above to cover that option off.

I'm entering these into the following challenges:
Crafts and Me - Anything Christmas
Everybody Art Challenge - Blue and White
Cupcake Craft Challenge - Sparkly things (Don't look at the light)
Addicted to Stamps - Snowflakes
Gingerloft Challenge - Winter and Christmas
Lollipop Crafts - Happy Holidays


I almost wore my distress inks out with these creations - thank goodness for re-inkers. The blue one is in use with my grandson and my granddaughter wanted a pink and purple one....hey presto!


I think these bottom two are my favourites - the colours are so rich!

I'm entering the red and green ones into the following challenges:
ABC Christmas - Y for Yippee! It's almost Christmas
Heart Song Inspirations - Snowflakes and/or Doileys
Ooh La La Creations - Anything but a card
Let's Ink It Up - Christmas Projects
Paper Sundaes - Anything Christmas
Crafty Boots - Christmas
The Pixie Cottage -Anything Goes Christmas Style



The colour create challenge is sponsored by Michelle's scrapbooking and she has given a $30 gift certificate for the winner of this challenge.


I want to send a big thank you to Michelle for her fantastic monthly sponsorship.

I also want to thank all our other sponsors for their support in 2011.

And last, but certainly not least, a huge thank you to the fantastic design team, both past and present, for your sharing your amazing talent with us throughout 2011.

Thanks for looking - and don't forget to peek at the other incredible creations by the Colour Create design team.

Happy Christmas
Sharon xx


29 comments:

Sharon said...

What stunning advent calenders Sharon! Both your creations using these colours are just beautiful :)

Sharon x

Dr Sonia S V said...

Wow what stunning creations each so beautiful and unique
Cheers from India
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Pumpy said...

The Advent calenders are beautiful, so very classy, the colours are great. Have a very Merry Christmas. Lovies Pam Knowles

craftykitten said...

Hi Sharon,
Wow hun these are fantastic, I love them all for different reasons. Did you follow a tutorial somewhere??? I'd love to have a go at one of these.
Thanks for sharing with us at OLL in our Anything But a Card challenge.
hugs
Dawn xx

Deborah Frings said...

Great calenders - so beautiful. I love the blue card - the embossed Noel is stunning!

SuzanneK said...

OMG stunning creations, and the work wow. What more can I say. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, good luck. Hugs Suzanne

Delphine said...

WOW, they are gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

Sabrina said...

Sharon, your Noel card is so beautiful, and I love the stamp! As for all those Advent Calendar boxes...you've blown us all away with those!! All the colours are stunning, rich and gorgeous. thanks for sharing them with us. hugs ;) Sabrina

Julie said...

Wow, Sharon - these are amazing!! Gorgeous colour variations - love them all!! Hugs, Juliexx

Sonia said...

Totally GORGEOUS!
Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts this week. Good Luck!
-Sony
Sonia-Studio60

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW what stunning creations Sharon.
luv
Debby

Marie-Louise said...

What lovely projects. The colours are fantastic. Love the card.

Francy said...

wow grat job. This calendar advent are gorgeous and I love the colours that you realized it.
Thanks for playing at the Pixie Cottage this week and good luck.
Francy

Wendi said...

Wow these are fabulous and the best ones I have seen all year Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Happy Christmas
Wendi

Brodders said...

Such a lovely card with sparkle :) Thanks for playing with us over at Cupcake crafts and good luck x

Marlies said...

Wow these are realy fantastic creations!! realy beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at ATSC. hugs, Marlies

Liza said...

Gorgeous creations, I love all the sparkles. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Suzie McFloozy said...

Now you are just showing off with not one but two DT creations ! and I don't blame you they are both gorgeous x
Those advent calendars are AMAZING !!
Gorgeous hun x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Susie Little said...

Your advent calenders are AMAZING!!!

Kerry Steger said...

I love both your creations Sharon!!The advent calendars are awesome and I just love the Noel feature - it looks gorgeous!!

Stephanie Lee said...

wow!! stunning projects! I absolutely love your color choices! beautiful work hun! Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage!

Samantha said...

My goodness these are super! what a treat one of those would be! Thanks for joining in with us at ABC Christmas Challenge this time, Come play again soon, hugs Samantha :0)

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

wonderful creations!! thank you for joining EAC this week.
hugs tina46

Katie said...

Stunning creations Sharon!
Thanks for playing in The Pixie Cottage this week on our blog hop week!

Nikki Byrne said...

OMG Awesome advent calenders. I made 6 this year so I know how much work has gone into these!!! thank you for joining us at Gingerloft for our Christmas challenge. Good luck and Merry Christmas, Hugs

NIKKI DT

Dee's Craft Room said...

Wow, fantastic, I love this.

All of the excitement of the past week or so has put me well behind, sorry. I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas and I would like to wish you and your family a very happy New Year.

Thank you for entering this Crafty Boots Challenge.

Dionne

catherine said...

oh my word these are fantastic. the card is beautiful and thew boxes are gorgeous. I have become your newest follwer. happy new year
x catherine

CheerDown said...

These are gorgeous and look really stylish.

Alli D

Angela (Toucan Scraps) said...

those calenders are absolutely amazing!

Slideshow