Sunday, 4 December 2011

Sheer Bliss!!!!

Hello everyone. How has your weekend been? I've had THE BEST weekend for a very long time. I had the luxury of some spare time all to myself - what bliss! So I spent some of that time crafting for pleasure and tagging along with the Tim Holtz 12 days of Christmas. Ha Ha...Tagging - Tag - get it? ((GROAN)).


As this is the first time that I've come across this event (I know - it's amazing that someone could have their head so far in the sand that they miss this!), I thought I'd give it a go and just try to emulate one of the tags Tim has done - just to learn the techniques. Well - FOUR tags down (will be posting the others during the coming week) and I am totally smitten. This one is Day 4's tag.

Even my hubby remarked:
"Those are a bit posh, aren't they? We'll have to use them again next year - make sure you don't write on them!"
Men! Honestly!

We get a whole month to post our tags, so I think I'll do one of each "a la Tim" and then go back and create a few of my own in some of the different styles over the Christmas break - yes...that is how much fun it is to make these tags.


While I'm here I'd like to enter this into a couple of challenges:
Sir Stampalot - Bingo (Pearls, Stickles, Ribbon)
Let's Ink It Up - Christmas Projects
Come and get it challenge - Anything Christmas
Craft Your Days Away - Buttons or Bows
One Stop Crafts - Let it Snow.

Thanks so much for looking,
Sharon xx

21 comments:

nessy said...

wow what a stunning tag sharon!! beautiful!
vanessa xx

pinky said...

I'm with your hubby lol, too gorgeous to use only once!! Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Heidi Smith said...

wow your stamping turned out wonderful!! (mine not so much LOL) one of the best I've seen thus far.

Donna said...

Gorgeous Tag Sharon, and we can actually see your swirl and snowfakes! Mine got lost somewhere underneath everything else too! xx

Virginia Nebel said...

Hi Sharon, thanks for dropping by my blog, I love how your snowman tag turned out- very beautiful and yes have to agree with your hubby, perhaps it is much to nice to use!

scrapperjulia said...

I love this tag, especially the snowman! Thanks for joining us at The One Stop Craft Challenge!

SuzanneK said...

OMG fantastic job, Tim would be proud. Thanks for joining us at LIIU, good luck. Hugs Suzanne (I just bought the Winter Wonder die, can't wai to use it).

Lee-Anne said...

What a beautiful tag! Love it!

Lee-Anne said...

What a beautiful tag! Love it!

Maria said...

This is gorgeous! You did a beautiful job!

Posh Cat Crafts said...

Wow what a stunning tag and I agree to gorgeous to use just the once.


Thank you for joining us at Lets Ink It Up! If you are interested I have some blog candy up for grabs Click Here to enter
Hugs
Tamara

brenda said...

A really stunning tag Sharon and the icy blues work beautifully.

Thank you for sharing with us at Stampalot challenge this month, good luck and have a wonderful Christmas.

B x

Cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is just stunning still trying to work something out for mine,hugs cherylx

Gaynor said...

Beautiful Tag, thanks for sharing with us at CYDA, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT :)

Margie said...

Beautiful tag!

Francesca said...

Stunning creation

Thanks for joining us for our bingo challenge at Sir Stampalot this month
and good luck !

Hugs
Francesca

Cor* said...

OMGosh that is HILARIOUS what hubby said! So cute right! Your tag is totally TIM worthy! love all the texture and the distressed feel! Thanks for sharing this with us at LIIU this month . Happy Holidays!

Lynne K said...

When they're all as gorgeous as this, I wouldn't want to give them away either! Save them all and frame them! Thanks for sharing it with us at Stampalot Challenge this month, and good luck.

Lynne x

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Ruth said...

Beautiful tag. I love the colours.
Thanks for sharing it with us at Sir Stampalot, Ruth :)

Shirley Deatcher said...

I just found your blog thru a Let's Ink it up entry. Wow, I've had so much fun looking at some of your creations, your tags are gorgeous! Happy New Year.

Slideshow