Monday, 9 January 2012

I'm late, I'm late....

....for a very important date!

Oh dear, I missed posting my DT creations for the first Colour Create Challenge in 2012 (slap my wrist!). Actually, there are very good reasons for it; I won't bore you with the details - I'll just say that 2012 has not had a particularly good start for me so far - but at least things should only get better from here onwards. Anyway, a happy new year to all of you!

So, these are my items for the fantastic challenge that our wonderful Edna set for us. Using a fabulous colour combo of Sage, cream and red with the optional extra of buttons. I think I have been way too inspired by doing the Tim Holtz 12 tags of Christmas (didn't get round to posting all those either - but I did make them) because I have gone tag crazy ever since! This time it is a birthday tag.

I've gone crazy adding dimension too after making loads of 'flat' Christmas cards to save on postage costs. As usual, the backing paper is something I created myself using Bundled Sage and Peel Paint distress inks, clear embossing powder, some swirl and music score stamps. My favourite thing to do!

I'd like to enter these into a few challenges:
Paper Creations Ink - Die Cuts and/or punches
Birthday Sundaes - Birthday Card Challenge
Catered Crop - Buttons
Challenge up your life - Bingo (Ribbons, Buttons, Die Cuts)
One Stop Craft Challenge - Bingo (Distressing, Lace/ribbon, Flowers)


Items used:
Stamps:
Hampton Arts Clear Stamps 'Flourish & Bloom', Waltzing Mouse Stamps 'Musical Backgrounds',
Inks: Tim Holtz distress inks in Bundled Sage and Peel Paint
Dies: Spellbinders 'Labels Four', Sizzix Sizzlits 'Flower Layers Set', Tim Holtz On the edge die 'Ornate', Tim Holtz Alterations die 'Festive Greenery'
Other: Red Liquid pearls, various buttons, ribbon and lace from my stash. Perfect pearls (Pearl) on tag, a feather
.



The Colour Create Challenge is sponsored by Mo Manning this week and there is a fantastic prize of a gift certificate for one lucky winner.

Please take a look at the samples by the fab CC design team for more inspiration using this wonderful colour combo.

Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

11 comments:

catherine said...

These are fantastic and the colour combo looks great
x catherine

Paper Creations Ink said...

Thank You For Joining Paper Creations Ink; We Always Enjoy Seeing Your Creative Talents! We hope that your New Year is off to a grand start!

SusanLotus said...

These are absolutely gorgeous!
I love your two projects.
Wish you a great 2012!

debby4000 said...

Oh these are gorgeous Sharon.
luv
Debby

♥ anusch ♥ said...

Sehr schön gemacht.
Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei CUYL.
Liebe Grüße Doreen

nessy said...

oh sharon love this colour combo and your creations are so beautifully made!!
vanessa xx

Marjo said...

Beautiful set, love the colors and design. Thanks so much for playing with us at Paper Creations Ink.

xoxo Marjo

Marie-Louise said...

These are beautiful. The colours are really lovely.

Pat said...

You know all you wonderful ladies make the most beautiful tags and some day I am going to have to take the plunge and try one. This is so beautiful, love the color and composition, o snap, I love it all :0)Thank you for joining us at Paper Creations Ink – Pat

Clare said...

STUNNING.

Sharon Field / Created By You said...

BEAUTIFUL Christmas card and tag Sharon! You've got my attention! Will be following your site!

Slideshow